Canceled trailer new 3610 re

FARMER45

We ordered a 3610 re, drove 100 miles to look at it, yesterday, came home, and after a sleepless night called and canceled the trailer.
Wife did not like the new bathroom. It is not made for a ladies drssing area

the door swings in, not out as posted the floor plan showed. So door opens in to commode, you have to go in, back up to the corner of the shower and sink to shut the door so you can get to commmode. A larger person than i would nearly need to get in the shower to shut door.

There is not a door to hide you from downsTAIrs area when you exit bath and go to the bedroom. There is a door to close off bedroom, but you come in full view of company downstairs when entering or exiting shower

if you dont shut the door when using the sink you are in a very small area because the door is in the bath with you and blockes off half of the bath

they added 13 in to total trailer length to add larger shower

the larger shower lookes nice but not worth the things you give up for us

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry to hear about your dilemma. We have a 3670 on order. We had not seen the new bath in person, only in pictures. My wife liked the look of it, but in person we may end up having a different opinion. I hope not, because we have been looking forward to moving up from our 30' Sandpiper fiver. The Bighorn line was the best bang for the buck. We just could not justify spending anymore at this point for a trailer. Good luck.

TandT

All things being equal, I would have ordered the 3610.
However we determined that the kitchen seemed smaller, than the kitchen in the 3670. Especially in the way of cabinet space
I conceded my larger TV to give the wife more in the kitchen. We will be fulltiming, so a larger kitchen is important for storage, etc.

Last edited:

Pizzaguy

Sorry that you didn't get the new 3610, but after hearing about the changes I agree with you. We bought a new 2010 3610RE a year ago and we love it. When I saw what changes they were doing to the 2011's, I was happy we bought when we did. I would not have bought if it were this new floorplan.

FARMER45

We were really looking forward to getting this new trailer, old bathroom plan is one reason we ordered it,
now, it is not very user friendly. It looks good on paper. Just does not work for us. We would have taken old floor plan in a heart beat. Like a lot of things the more they are improved, the less they work
dealer was allright with it, he understood.

back2nature

We just received our 3670RL mid-November. We seemed to have timed it just right. Sooooo glad we got the bathroom with the two slider doors. Makes it very open. I would not like the swing door and have to walk around it to use the bathroom. The new design also cuts down on bathroom floor space. The thing is so big anyway, I can't imagine another 13 inches. We just got back from 9 days in the rv, and it was so great, we didn't want to come home. Lovin' it. My only gripe is that I wish that I had at least one more inch on each side of the bed to tuck the covers in. A bit tight there, to say the least.

ChopperBill

Glad we got ours when we did also, but am still open minded to changes. Bigger shower is nice but no door into the bath from the bedroom is a no-no. The 3610 going over 40 feet would really be pushing it for me. Dont know what we would do. After using the rear entertainment floor plan all summer that is the only one we would consider. Heartland builds the only RE with enough rear window to pull it off and leave the TV up. But over 40 feet we would have to look around some more. Renee agrees with Laurie, a little more room between the bed and walls would sure help out.

boatdoc

WE both just looked at the new bath floor plan in the BH's and there's NO WAY we would want it that way. I'm a 6'1" 280#er and have no problem in the old shower. We just don't see enough floor space in the new bath design.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hardest part about making up a king bed in the 3670 is getting the fitted sheet on. The mattress weighs a ton and it doesn't slide on the plywood base. I think this coming season, I'll follow Ray's lead and tile the platform. I did cut about a third of the panel covering the slide mechanism off and put a large plastic tote between the open framing. Slides on the carpet real nice with extra bedding in it when I move the bed slide.

Where are you guys finding photos of the new layouts? When I look at the HL site, they don't look any different.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Hardest part about making up a king bed in the 3670 is getting the fitted sheet on. The mattress weighs a ton and it doesn't slide on the plywood base. I think this coming season, I'll follow Ray's lead and tile the platform. I did cut about a third of the panel covering the slide mechanism off and put a large plastic tote between the open framing. Slides on the carpet real nice with extra bedding in it when I move the bed slide.

Where are you guys finding photos of the new layouts? When I look at the HL site, they don't look any different.

I just put a scrap of vinyl flooring under my matress and it works great. Bought a 6' x '8 scrap from local flooring co. for $10.

JohnDar

I just put a scrap of vinyl flooring under my matress and it works great. Bought a 6' x '8 scrap from local flooring co. for $10.

That'll work, too. I've got enough self-stick tile and adhesive/primer left over from redoing the floors in the house a while back to do the job. Rather use it than toss it.

But, we'll get smacked down for stealing this thread, so enough of this diversion.

TandT

We saw it on a for sale unit at RV007 in Va. The unit already sold so they have pulled it.
My wife saved some pictures, so if I can find them, I will post them later. (she's not here)

All this negativity about it is making me a little uneasy about our choice of the new bath on our 3670 which we ordered about 3 weeks ago. Aside from FARMAR45 has anyone really seen it?
Both of us weigh about a buck fifty, so I'm hoping movement in the bath will not be as big an issue. If it is,we will move on to another choice. I'm am going to reserve judgement until I see it in person. Everyone has different tastes. What works for one, doesn't work for another. We didn't like the sliding door in the old bath to begin with, so I'm hoping it will work for us.

Last edited:

TandT

There are still many of the "old bath" floorplan models sitting on dealer lots, both in 3610 & 3670 models. I guess it's just a matter of finding one with most of the options you want. With the internet this is very easy, if you don't mind driving a little.

back2nature

Someone here wrote it was at Lazydays. So I searched and found some pics here:

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Since your talking about the bathroom in this thread, I copied and posted the only two pictures of the bathroom from the commercial ad.

1011485_L_21.jpg
1011485_L_22.jpg

Jim M

Pizzaguy

Thanks for posting the pics Jim. It is a great looking bath. If they would put the doorway to the bedroom back and have other door open to hallway or be a pocket door again it would be perfect.Eliminating the door to the bedroom was a real bad idea.

JohnDar

So, from the looks of the photo, you can sit on the can and brush your teeth at the same time. I guess if you have a lot of personal real estate to scrub in the shower, the larger stall is a good thing. If you come out of the shower and guests are in the rig, you either need to cover up or pretend you're a wood nymph. And be sure the shades are down on the hall window. Personally, I likes my floorplan, just the way it is. Even the sideways washer/dryer.

Wharton

We would not have bought our BH with the current bathroom. Don't mind losing the door to the bedroom, not having a pocket door is a major problem plus we need room for the kitty litter pan in the bathroom. I know Heartland can keep their prices down because of standardization but I think they are going to lose some business over this one.

We had the same problem with the bed. So my wife bought two plastic table cloths, the one's with the cotton backing and laid them over the
plywood, plastic side up. Now the mattress slides easily in order to fit the sheets.
Hope this helps.