Eliminator Strut Stabilizers, question on install

Manke3010

Hey all,

Have any of your installed these on your Cyclone? Everything looks doable on the fronts, but the rear bars on my Lippert rear stabilizer jacks has me scratching my head...

I bought elsewhere, but here's a link to them on CW:
http://www.campingworld.com/shoppin...strut-stabilizer-system-set-of-6-struts/35782

The rear bars would attach to the middle part of the frame, but our jacks' frame is open on the bottom so I don't know you could secure them.
Appreciate any insight if anyone's got any....
Thanks!

jnbhobe

I installed the JT's on my bighorn was a pretty easy job. They worked great. I put the rears on so they ran front to rear as I thought they would work better on my rear electric jacks and give more support. This way they attached to the I-beam frame rails. I have since changed to the Level-up system so I have a set of four front JT's to sell this spring.

Manke3010

Thanks for the reply...
I'd love to have a Level Up, but going to give this a shot for now...

I'd like to run them rear to front like you did, but I need min. 30" distance between each mounting point of stabilizer. I have under carriage storage bins and the rails run the width of the trailer, and they are just under 28" from the mounting point on the existing stabilizer. Can't figure out how to make it work as stated.

After looking at the instructions again, it looks like I can cheat out as much as 17", so I may be able to mount these on the back frame right where the license plate is, but that's still not ideal.

Any other ideas or thoughts...?
Thanks again.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I have the same type of stabilizers on my Sundance and they work great. Shop around as you can find them for $100 less as Camping World overcharges for almost everything.

Manke3010

Thanks, yeah, I mentioned I didn't buy there, but they have a good picture on their site....got them for $275 total delivered. CW advertised them for $230, but with taxes and delivery, it was still more than that. Got them at Adventure RV on cyber Monday.

jnbhobe

You may be able to move your jacks if you need more room. They are only held on by a couple tec bolts

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have the Eliminator on our Landmark. I didn't mount the rear just the front ones. They do an adequate job.

beasleyrl

I put the JT's on my Cyclone. Like you said, it is not ideal, but I did mount them to the cross bar around the license tag. The only issue I've had as one of the T bolts catches on the one of the support arms for the electric stabs. You just have to make sure they are lined up right before you retract the stabs. Otherwise, no issues. Just not, as you say, ideal...

Manke3010

Thanks Trucknutt and Beasleyrl.
Yeah, the fronts are just fine.
With the lippert stabilizers that trucknutt posted, it's no problem installing the swing bolt on the feet pads, the problem is mounting to the frame. As beasleyrl said, there is super tight clearance with the T bolt on the area of the support arms of the existing stabilizers. I don't see how you could mount the end of the stabilizer arm to the center of the lippert frame as it's an open bottom frame in the center, and I also see clearance issues with those support arms and the aftermarket stabilizers.

Sooo, I just called and talked to Randy at ultra fab, he said I can cut up to 1.5" off the outer/inner tubes. If that's enough, I'm good to go. If I need more than that, for a small fee he'll machine 2 new arms down to ideal size and I can install those. I gotta get under and measure again, but I think I had like 27-28" max and need 30" total, so cutting them down may still not work.
I'll also look to see if I could move the under carriage bins and spare tire, but that doesn't seem like it'd be worth the hastle....

mtr250r

Manke3010 - How did you end up mounting the rear links? I just bought a set from my 2011 Cyclone 3010.

Thanks for your help.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Manke3010, Try This. Raise the rear stabilizers to the travel position. Hold the stabilizer bar in the collapsed position, up the the frame rail. I'll bet it will work at 27-28 inches. especially of you cut an inch or so off the outer bar.

Or just measure the collapsed stabilizer from mount to mount and see if it will fit.