Washer/Dryer

Buford445

I had a W/D installed in my BH 3055RL, I haven't picked it up yet but i was wondering how many jeans/shirts you can put in it with overloading it is a Splendide 2100 IIRC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The 2100 is a combo unit and can handle a load of about 11 pounds. It can wash that load, but drying a heavy load of jeans and shirts is another matter. They tend to come out wrinkled and will require some ironing. It is great for stuff like t-shirts, socks and undies, or towels, though.

It is recommended that you open your Gray #1 (bathroom tank) valve while doing a load since it can put upwards of 11 gallons of water into the tank. It also needs to be winterized if you're going to store it in the cold. Simple to do, just follow the instructions (can be found at their website).

Buford445

Thank You. I wont winterize it this yr as I will be working out of it.
This is my 1st REAL 5'r LOL and the 1st RV w/d so it will be a learning experience

vangoes

Ed,
We was scheduled to have a W/D installed in our 3055rl last week but cancelled. My wife has had back problems, surgery etc. and thought it might be too awkward for her with the unit in the closet the way it has to go. Let us know how it works out for you with the unit in the closet.

Buford445

I will, it will be a couple weeks before I will get to try it out (unless I try it out here at home) I would not of paid for it, I made them throw it in on the deal, but working out of town it could work out for me

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In our '09 BH3670, the W/D is mounted sideways, so it opens into the closet, not into the bedroom (like newer models). I suspect the 3055 is similar. So long as the closet isn't stuffed to the gills with the wife's clothing :rolleyes:, it's not all that inconvenient (back surgery survivor myself). We use ours at our seasonal site, even though the CG has a decent, albeit small, laundromat. Don't have to worry about babysitting your stuff or waiting until the machines are empty.

I'd say I can get a week's worth of t-shirts, socks and undies in a single load, no problem. Maybe even toss in a pair of jean shorts or two. For any "dressier" stuff (jeans and polo shirts), a smaller load, when needed, and a bit of ironing. I know my wife would not be without one, now that she's got one. Getting it was her idea when she learned it could be installed in the rig we bought from dealer stock.

Buford445

Yes it opens to the closet

"I'd say I can get a week's worth of t-shirts, socks and undies in a single load, no problem. Maybe even toss in a pair of jean shorts."

I like the sound of that