Lippert level up

djlogan

I want to install the levelup on my 2011 Bighorn 3610 RE. I am very competent in installation of complex systems (I was a Field Engineer for Lockheed for 20+ years). Is the installation so complex and require special tools that would put it beyond my capability? I live in Northern Nevada and I'm not sure I could find someone in this region that has done this installation before. Please advise. Thank you

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Doug, I moved your post out of Ask The Factory and into the Modifications area as Heartland does not install the Level Up. I don't know of anyone other than the Trial Air Service Center that installs the Level Up system for Lippert. Although I have heard that they are setting up installation facillitys around the country.
Your best bet would be to contact Lippert and ask them your question.
I do know that installation requires welding, routing hydraulic hoses, electrical connections and the initial setup/programing of the system.
I have the Level Up and love it.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Doug; all the things that Dave said and on mine they also had to change out the pump and reroute hydralic solinoid positions

K

karykatz

djlogan,

You will need a different hydralic pump, and the frame has special brackets welded to the frame. Wouldnt recommend trying yourself.

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
I must agree with Dave and Kary. I too have a Level up on my coach. There is different lenghts of oil lines for different coaches and also the age of the coach you will have the jacks in diffenet locations as well. It is improtant to have the jacks in the right places to protect your frame so it does not twist when the jacks are put down. Trail Air people will know how to help you if you have a problem. If they do the job. I must say Level Up is a great system.

adcruise

Dave,
We ordered it on our 3585 also, have had it in for service and still won't work. First service visit said it needed to be zeroed. But when I got her home, same issue. Drop her off the truck, turn on auto level and watch it go to work. Grounds the unit first, then starts the right side up, then the rear is leveled and the left front is low. The system then tries to raise the left front but just groans as if fully extended, after a few seconds you hear a few clicks in the hydraulics and the board shuts down. That leaves the left front sitting very low... interestingly, if I turn it back on and move it to manual, the left front raises with out issue and I can level it up. Hitting the road for the next 3 months, so hate the idea of having to stop by a shop and do this all over again. Last time we took her in for a list of fixes, temps dropped and I called the dealer, told him if we were getting a hard freeze in the 20's that he'd need to winterize it for me. He told me "no problem, we'll do it today". He had it for a month (I had it for 2 weeks) and when I brought her home, hooked up the water... busted kitchen faucet, water leaking all over the counter. Heartland said they'd send me a new faucet, I told them just to send the valve body and I'd take care of it. Guess what, no parts for these $9 faucets. Told Heartland I was leaving town for 3 months and if they couldn't set it to me in time (2 day UPS) then to hold it and I'd hit Homedepot or Lowe's for a new one. They said they'd get it to me... it's not hear, and we're pulling out. Will have to hit Lowe's on the road and then change it out at the first stop before we can even hook up water. Any idea why Heartland doesn't put shutoff valves under the sink? If I install two valves I can then have water to the coach, just not the kitchen until I get a new faucet.

David

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Any idea why Heartland doesn't put shutoff valves under the sink? If I install two valves I can then have water to the coach, just not the kitchen until I get a new faucet.

SURE, M O N E Y!! THEY HAVE TO CUT COSTS JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE TO COMPETE. $10.00 HERE, $20.00 THERE, PRETTY SOON YOU HAVE AN EXPENSIVE RIG. LOTS OF HOUSES DON'T HAVE THOSE CUTOFF VALVES EITHER.

We installed an electric leveling system on our 2010 BH 3600RL last fall.Its called Ground Control wireless leveling system and it works almost as fast as the hydraulics.It has 4 5000# jacks.To see more check out riecotitan.com,It was in Trailer Life last winter.

Wolfpackers

We installed an electric leveling system on our 2010 BH 3600RL last fall.Its called Ground Control wireless leveling system and it works almost as fast as the hydraulics.It has 4 5000# jacks.To see more check out riecotitan.com,It was in Trailer Life last winter.

Did you install the Ground Control system yourself or have it done? If the latter, I was wondering what the install cost was for you. Would also like to know from folks with the Level Up what their total cost was for the system and installation. I'm looking to upgrade fivers in the next year or so and definitely want one of these two systems on the new one.

Thanks for any info.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We have the Ground Control system as well. DH installed it, maybe 6-7 hours, but he's kind of picky about wiring runs, etc. and spent some extra time with it. I work at an RV service center and if you have the system installed by a shop, our labor time figures are approx. 4-5 hours, depending on mount locations for your frame. If they say its much more than that, you might look elsewhere as they probably haven't installed one yet. It's a pretty straight forward modular system with a ton of built-in safety over-rides.
We just completed a 6200 mile round trip across the US and during that month, I never had to use my orange blocks to level, even one time. One of the best add-ons we've done. My original front jacks had an issue and we needed to replace them, so it was good timing for us. They are very quick, much faster than the original electrics, which makes our un-hook, hook-up process a snap. The individual leg controls make for level lifting, with no shimming the feet.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Would also like to know from folks with the Level Up what their total cost was for the system and installation. I'm looking to upgrade fivers in the next year or so and definitely want one of these two systems on the new one.

Thanks for any info.
The current retail cost for the Level Up 6 point leveling system is in the neighborhood of $5,500. If you are looking to upgrade to a new rig in the next year or two you may be able to order a hydraulic leveling system OEM depending on the model you choose.

Peace
Dave

rpkeida

Alaska Wilderness
I would recommend that you at least consider the Rieco Titan leveling system. We had that system installed in Sept 2010 on our 3055RL and it has exceeded our expectations on all aspects of the system. Wireless remote control, high speed jacks with individual electric motors (5,000 lb capacity), no hydraulic lines, manual back-up operation, etc. We have traveled over 12,000 miles since the installation, and have used it to park each night of the 5 month trip, and the system has worked flawlessly!!! I think it is a quality product and would recommend it without reservation.