insdie floor sagging

kyleigh01

i have a 2011 3565 rl i bought about 2 months ago ive notice the other day i have two spots one as your walk in the door in the kitchen and another one in my bed that it feels like the wood is broken and the floor is starting to feel like a hole starting can anyone tell me what this could be... i tried to call a dealer in the town am at now and they wont help me since i didnt buy it from them thanks for any help

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
could be almost anything. I would be willing to bet it is not broken but maybe loose. I would guess seperation in the OSB (oriented strand board). If it is plywood it may be a football or a void in the lamination. It can be checked from the bottom......wouldn't worry too much. We fix many of homes like this by injecting glues through the floor into the voids and you never see them again. I would let it go for a little bit, stop worrying about it and see if in a few months of use it gets worse and then I will tell you how to fix it!

GOTTOYS

Call the dealer you bought it from and see what they can do. If you get nowhere contact Heartland Customer Service and see if they can help. Probably not a major deal but i don't think it's something you should need to fix yourself or need to live with either. Heartland seems to have excellent customer service. Good luck...Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With their laminated floor construction, how are you going to inspect the top layer of plywood from underneath? GOTTOYS is right, it needs to be inspected. My annoying squeak and depression in the bedroom floor required taking most of the bedroom apart to repair and reinforce the floor. Fortunately, under warranty.

branson4020

Icantre Member
could be almost anything. I would be willing to bet it is not broken but maybe loose. I would guess seperation in the OSB (oriented strand board). If it is plywood it may be a football or a void in the lamination. It can be checked from the bottom......wouldn't worry too much. We fix many of homes like this by injecting glues through the floor into the voids and you never see them again. I would let it go for a little bit, stop worrying about it and see if in a few months of use it gets worse and then I will tell you how to fix it!

How is it possible to check from the bottom???