Water penetration in Edge M18

Vern1

My Edge M18 has rain water coming in while parked with the slide-out fully in. I tarped the unit and water still came in. The trailer is parked on a sloping driveway and has a slight downward slope to the front while parked.
The rainwater appears to be coming in the bottom back corner of the slide-out, migrating along the length of the slide-out, and coming into the unit via the corner bracket that holds the base of the slide-out wood. It drips onto the floor inside the unit near the bed.
I have siliconed the corners, edges, and seams of the slide-out.
Does anyone have other suggestions/ideas on how to stop the leak?
thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Vern1, I moved your post to the Edge General Discussion area. Here you should get some ideas from owners that are familiar with the M18.
A couple of things come to mind here. What year is your Edge? And if it is under warranty have you contacted your dealer. Have you checked the slide to rubber seal in the area where you suspect the leak is originating? The slide should contact the seal when closed. You will want to check that seal all the way around the slide. Water intrusion can be tricky to pinpoint. You might just need a simple slide adjustment.

Peace
Dave

Vern1

It is a 2010 M18 but is no longer under warrenty. I siliconed all seams and corners on the slide out, but maybe more important, I raised the front of the parked trailer high enough to have it very close to level. I suspect that because of my sloped driveway, there is tension on the slideout and although the seal all looks good in a visual inspection, there must be a gap somewhere. It rained pretty hard last night and I had no water penetration.
Thanks for the suggestion of a slide adjustment. If water penetration continues, I will follow up on that idea.
Next, I am going to take the tarp off the unit and see if any water gets in.

camr

Vern!- We learned our lesson regarding levelling with the slide extended this summer during a heavy rain. In my best try at perfect levelling, I had the curb side down lower than the road side by a fraction of an inch. Guess where the water ran in???? I now keep the road side down slightly lower than the the curb side to stop the rain from rolling from the outside edge of the slide to the coach edge. It doesn't matter how perfect the rubber seal is, it will find a way in. The levelling front to back is also important.