Adding a Battery Disconnect

captpfd

I have a 2008 Razor and would like to add a battery disconnect. I am told the Cyclones have this feature as standard. Would anyone be so kind as to have a picture of this and where it is located on your trailer? I have seen battery disconnects as cheap as $15 and am concerned about the quality of those products. Your help is appreciated.

Capt.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well Capt, it should not be to hard to install a battery disconnect on your Razor. One thing to be mindful of is to make certain that the breakaway switch for the brakes does not get bypassed.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

I've used a couple of the inexpensive ones and found they don't take to getting wet very well. Something inside corrodes and they quit working. At first I thought my batteries were bad. If you install one put it inside the battery compartment out of the weather. I set mine up to kill the power to everything including the front jacks and breakaway switch. If the jacks don't work I know it's off and have to turn it on so I can get hitched. I think it may help to prevent the theft of my trailer also because nobody else can move the jacks either. JMHO..Don

caissiel

I bought some ground disconnect from Wally World and have been using them for the past 5 years.

On my old collector cars home, I just disconnect the ground post for the winter and every spring when I go to start they have still full starting voltage

Batteries seam to hold their chargew better by disconnecting the grounds.

Duramax1

I would suggest that you go to a marine store. Mariner disconnect switches are designed to withstand the elements and are very dependable for you are on the water or at sea where no service is available. They are bullet proof, but, like anything else of quality associated with marine or rv products they are not the most inexpensive product in the marketplace.

wyleyrabbit

Yep, that's the switch I have too, installed in the battery compartment. Works great! I got mine from West Marine.