Travelling South in Winter

albertr

We plan to travel to AZ right after christmas from Ontario. Will cross over into Michigan at Fort Huron and on down to Indy to W. Memphis and Dallas and so on. Will stay at a motel first night for sure. This is usually awkward with our cat. Any campgrounds open around Indy Hwy 70 year round? This would be our second night. We are always open to suggestions. Thanks ....Al

Buford445

Hartland Resort in Greenfeild, it is on 70...only it is just east of Indy about 15/20 min
I have stayed there 2 times and wiuld go back anytime

Willym

Last year, and again this year, we stayed at Cloverdale RV park in Cloverdale. It's open year round, and not too far from I70. It's about an hour west of Indianapolis. It's our first stop after leaving SW Ontario, so it's a long day's drive and we get there after dark. They have an after hours registration system and charged $20 a night.

FYI, we found getting through Indy slow this year, although we did hit it at evening rush hour. We used the bypass, and got delayed due to construction.

Last year was much easier. Maybe we should have gone through the middle rather than take the ring road!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I came back from Gulf Shores via Indy a couple of weeks ago. I don't recall any construction on the ring between I-69 and I-65, at least.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We have stayed at the KOA in Terre Haute and really like it for an overnight stop. The people there are very friendly and the park is nice and well kept. We're not really too high on KOA's but this one is nice.