New Ask the Factory process

linuxkidd

Hello All,
We are doing a trial run of a new Ask the Factory process. Our goal is to provide more complete actionable data to the Factory reps so that they can provide quicker and more accurate responses to the original poster.

To that end, we have configured the Bighorn and Landmark ATF sub-forums to require a more complete submission which includes the following fields:

** Private fields
Full Name
Email address
Phone number
Last 6 of your Heartland VIN

** Public fields
Thread Title
Post contents

Note that the "Private Fields" section will ONLY be emailed to the Heartland brand manager for the brand in question. The public fields will be posted as a new thread in the ATF section as usual.

Here is a sample of the new submission Form:
ATF_Form.jpg

Note that the form will still allow attachments in case you need to add pictures of the item in question.

Please use this thread to provide feedback on the new process. We recognize that this may impose a bit of inconvenience due to needing the additional data. We hope that the possibility of a quicker and more accurate response will offset any inconvenience.

After we've tested this a few days for Bighorn and Landmark, we will roll it out to the remainder of the Ask the Factory sections.

Thanks for all your feedback!
LK

Duramax1

I think that it is really great to be able to get a response from the factory on various issues and am all for anything that enhances this process.

Good on Heartland

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Very nice Michael. Makes a lot of sense too. Having the proper info can really make things turn around quicker.

caissiel

Its great by me,
but all our information should be available in our profil as most of us should fill in properly

linuxkidd

Unfortunately at this time, the tool we have to tie in and generate the form as it stands is not capable of pulling data in from other sources ( i.e. The forum user profiles or Heartland Owners Club registrations ). Believe me when I say we are trying to tie all this data in together into this form sometime in the future. Baby steps for now though...

Thanks,
LK

P.S. We do provide a link to Heartland that gets them to the submitting users Forum profile. So, if you do provide accurate detail in there, it's usable as well.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Michael - Dumb question - does the last 6 digit of the vin number tell the factory the year/make/model? I'm wondering if that needs to be added to the form. Just asking (known as a learning process).

linuxkidd

Hello Nabo,
There are no dumb questions here my friend. At this time, all Heartland coaches have a unique last 6 digits of their VIN. This could change in the future, but for now... that's what we're going with.

Thanks!
LK