New 2011 North Trail 30RLSS

Wayno

Just purchased a 2011 NT 30RLSS. Have taken it out once for a checkup. Nothing major, just some cosmetic issues and a black water flush leak. Found out it was the check valve.
Was advised to always use a regulator on that line also when flushing out. Anyone out there have this model also? Any major issues to talk about? Still working on the window tinting/ or shade options for the big windows (mainly to control heat).

pegmikef

I'm not sure how much difference there is between the 26RLSS and 30RLSS besides length, but we just traded our Edge in for one in December and took it out to a couple of parks (Garner SP and Kerrville-Schreiner) for a shakedown and I am pleased to say that there were no problems. I did have to screw with the touchaudio deal to make the tv audio play throught the trailer speakers, and learned that there is no way to make the dvd audio play through the tv. Mine's a king slide with only one AC outlet in the slide in the corner behind the couch so I ran a heavy duty extension behind the couch to the dining area to make it handy for my computer and other toys while sitting at the table. It got pretty cold so I bought an 18 foot heat tape from Lowes and taped it to my city water hose leaving enough to wrap it around the faucet (the one at kerrville froze). I made drawers for the wasted space under the night stand. I glued a small block of wood to the underside of the top of the large storage area under the bed and keep a three foot 2x2 in the storage so I or my wife can prop the lid up while loading and unloading it. Everything has worked perfectly and I was pleased to see that my little Honda generators will run the 15K btu AC just fine.

Wayno

Glad you're enjoying your new NT. We really like ours. Been out 3-4 times now. No major issues. Since it's been so cold the last few days, we've put our heater on, set at 45. Don't know if this is necessary, but it has been in the 20's here since Tuesday. The problem is, not knowing when the gas bottle is empty, (especially if it happens in the middle of the night). This cold weather is really rare in Seguin, so we haven't got any experience with pipes freezing in the trailer when we're not using it. We were told that they don't use PVC pipe, but something else that expands when it freezes and shouldn't break. Not sure I believe that......Were you told anything about this?

pegmikef

I don't know for sure about about what the pipes are made of, but the NT has a heated floor. I don't run the gas heater unless it is really cold when we wake up, then I turn it on. I bought a little electric heater that I just leave run on a low setting and it keeps the edge off. (I would rather use the park's electricity than my gas). I store the trailer at home with the slide closed and just leave the heater run (I open the door under the kitchen sink and direct the heat flow into the cupboard figuring that will take care of the hot water heater and pipes). Supposedly the floor is heated, so they advertise, but I think you have to run the trailer heater for that. It has been between 10 and 20 degrees here in San Angelo for about the last two weeks except for maybe three days. Pipes all over town are freezing, but I haven't had a problem with the NT. About the regulater. I always put it on the faucet end of the hose and use the same hose for flush. If I'm not hooked up to a sewer, I always check the dump station to see if I can hook my hose up there. If I can't, then I put water in the fresh water in the holding tank, and then do a manual flush at the dump station (wife turn on pump and holds down the flusher for a few minutes). My last trailer didn't have a black water flush, so we're used to the manual flush