Duramax Diesel Forum

I have a duramax 07 and just purchased a Landmark grand canyon
I didn't buy the dually. My questions are do I need to do anything like air bags etc. what is the best after market system to change the air intake and exhaust system? Is the B&W hitch a good one for my use?
thank you for your help
gene gramzow
email address pattigramzow@hotmail.com

K

Ken Washington

With the Duramax you should have the Allison transmission. You should not have to do anything with the air intake or the exhaust system. I think you will like the way it tows and going down hills, the Allison takes care of that. I do prefer the dually though!

Ken

ChopperBill

pattigramzow said:
I have a duramax 07 and just purchased a Landmark grand canyon
I didn't buy the dually. My questions are do I need to do anything like air bags etc. what is the best after market system to change the air intake and exhaust system? Is the B&W hitch a good one for my use?
thank you for your help
gene gramzow
email address pattigramzow@hotmail.com

Gene I have the B&W and it is a great hitch. Only one hole to drill however it is a 4 inch so you are looking at a $30 hole saw. You can install it in about 2-3 hours. The B&W has really close tolerances and I couldn't not use a lube plate as you can not tell when it is ready to unlatch with one installed. I think the close tolerances help to reduce the bucking associated with some hitches.

duramax

You didn't say what body style you have, I have a 07 classic D/A. one word of caution, you will probably want to check your pin weight,if you are like me your going to be either close or over,with the stock tires. 265s will give you appox. 800# more 285s can give you 1500# more,and air bags are a great help in keeping everthing level.Happy camping...

Catsok

I have a 2007 GMC new style body 2500HD I want to haul a BIG HORN 3370 can I do it with this truck we are new to towing fifth wheels and could use some advice thank you catsok

Gary Steeves

Catsok,

I have a 2005 Chev Duramax towing a 3370RL. I think it is a perfect match without getting into dualies. I am very pleased with the weight. See my config. below.

Gary

navyAZ1

retired4fun said:
Gene I have the B&W and it is a great hitch. Only one hole to drill however it is a 4 inch so you are looking at a $30 hole saw. You can install it in about 2-3 hours. The B&W has really close tolerances and I couldn't not use a lube plate as you can not tell when it is ready to unlatch with one installed. I think the close tolerances help to reduce the bucking associated with some hitches.

That's odd that you can't use a teflon disk I have the B&W (my 2nd one) and I have used the teflon disk on both with no problems the jaws close fine and I don't see any unusual wear.

HOSS

Hi all, A newbee here, I just purchased a Bighorn 3670, along with a new 08 Silverado dually with the duramax 6.6 with allison trans. I would appreciate any info about pulling this fiver with this truck. Also this is my first deisel.

Thanks, HOSS

Uncle Rog

Hoss, just start out slow and easy.
Make up a pre-flight check list for every thing from stowing gear, putting in the slides, lowering antennas etc.
Look through the forum for "hook up" suggestions and ideas.
First and foremost, if something does not make sense it is probably wrong.
You have a great rig, enjoy it!

HOSS

Thanks Goldenwingers for that big welcome! The wife and I can't wait to take delivery (next week). I look forward to reading as much as I can in the forum to learn as much as I can about the Bighorn.

HOSS

DaleR

Welcome to the forum Hoss. You will love the truck, and the new BH. Be sure and watch the over head, and make wide turns. And do like Uncle Rog said, make your check list and use it each time. Check it over twice. Have a good time.

Packer