Kudo's to TST Inc.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I thought I would pass on my experience with the monitor I bought last year at the Owners Rally in Nashville. I purchased the Truck System Technologies, Inc. monitor with 4 sensors for the trailer. This unit monitors both air pressure and temperature.

I had one sensor that was consistently alarming at 8 psi below the set point I had established. I e-mailed TST. After trying their suggestions with no luck, they sent me a replacement sensor within a week.

This company, TST, always responded within a day, always followed up on my replies and I just thought I'd pass along my experience with them. The new sensor is coded and installed so now I'll just have to wait till we travel again to see if the problem went away. I have no resaon to believe otherwise.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
IThis company, TST, always responded within a day, always followed up on my replies and I just thought I'd pass along my experience with them. The new sensor is coded and installed so now I'll just have to wait till we travel again to see if the problem went away. I have no resaon to believe otherwise.

[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

Ray, you are so right about this company. Questions answered promptly, great customer service and man have they supported the Owners Club. They donated three full systems last year for rallies. Dan Covington is very knowledgable and always helpful.

hillsonwheels

Ray,
Same alike but different...I bought my system at the Nashville rally as well. Nathan (Nabo) was helping me set up the system and one of the sensors wouldn't come on line. It was replaced no questions asked. Good to hear that they are good to go on service issues even after some time has lapsed!

Dick

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We had a sensor that the threads were cross threaded or damaged !! Gave them call had a new one within a few days with no questions !! I'v enjoyed our system and like the fact I can monitor heat of the tires as I travel it different speeds heading down the road !! Oh the best part I was one of the lucky ones to win our system as a door prize !!!!!:)

PSF513

I purchased a 6 sensor system and 4 of them work very well. The 5th one has never been used and the 6th one went on the spare trailer tire before our last trip. Before we were 4 hours out, the spare tire sensor began alarming low pressure. Turns out (I did not realize it) there was no o-ring. I have returned it and received a replacement sesnor. Nice to deal with folks that stand behind their product.

MC9

My TST saved us twice. Both times it was a small nail. This year, at about the 1 year anniversary, the lbs didn't seem to jibe on one unit. TST sent a new one immediately. Good outfit.

Moose

You guys using the 510 or the 507 systems? What's the main difference?

I am interested in these.

Thanks.

Moose

I have the 507. I think the difference is the 507 has replaceable batteries in the sensors. Here is a link to their WEBSITE

Thanksabunch Ray. I appreciate the benefit of your knowledge and experience. I am a real newbie at this RV business.

On another topic are you familar with NewPage Pulp/Paper in Wisconsin Rapids? My DW was there several times couple of years ago. She really liked the area.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Does the TST system take ambient air temp into consideration?

With the system I use, all tires can be at 80 lbs with 65 or 70 degree ambient temp but it is not uncommon for us to get into the 20s at night. When that happens, all the low pressure alarms will start going going off becuase the tire pressure has fallen to 72 or so. Really annoying. It would be nice if a system could "think" for itself and take ambient temps. into consideration.

Ray LeTourneau

Does the TST system take ambient air temp into consideration?

With the system I use, all tires can be at 80 lbs with 65 or 70 degree ambient temp but it is not uncommon for us to get into the 20s at night. When that happens, all the low pressure alarms will start going going off because the tire pressure has fallen to 72 or so. Really annoying. It would be nice if a system could "think" for itself and take ambient temps. into consideration.
Good point Larry! I don't know what this system would do. I have the ability to "silence" the alarm but the display will still have a red flashing led to remind you there is an issue. I suppose once you travel a while the tire temps will raise and get the pressures back into the range needed.

We don't stick around up there when the weathers that cold. LOL

MC9

Too many things on my truck "think" now. Pretty sure I don't want a one-celled device doing any "thinking".

Sailor

I am guessing that the sensor are just screwed on the vauled stem? Is there a need to rebalance the tires? Also how is does rotaing the tires effect the monitor?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We have had a TST for three years now and it works great! This past summer it saved us from being standed on the top of the North Cascades pass by alerting us to a slow leaking tire...turned out to be a loose valve stem!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Hey Mark ,

The sensor do screw on the value stem with a theft style wrench . The company does suggest that you spin balance the tire if you stay with the rubber value stem !! Most users upgrade to steel value stems and rotate there tires !! It's called (peace of mind) !!

Ray LeTourneau

I am guessing that the sensor are just screwed on the vauled stem? Is there a need to rebalance the tires? Also how is does rotaing the tires effect the monitor?
You would remove the sensors from the tires and replace them in the same positions as they were prior to rotating. I don't know how the balance is affected but my tires have that "balancing stuff" inside them so they should maintain their balance throughout the tires life, I hope. Yes, they are screwed on the the valve stem using a special tool. They are supposed to be theft resistant.

caissiel

I have the Hawks Head units on my trailer and when the sensors are cold they indicate same pressure then at higher temperature.
I pumped my tires at 35F at 110 Lbs and when parked the showed 114Psi. When I installed the new sensors and they were at 70's temperature from inside storage they indicate 110PSI. So I concluded that the units indicate the pressure the tires will be at 70F.

When traveling at 67-70F the tires warmup and the indication is up to 124PSI, telling me that the pressure increases while the air warms up.

This tells me it reads the temperature of the air and calculates the pressure the is going to be at ambiant 70F or so. That way there is no lost of indication Pressure due to cooling of the tires. If it gets warm enough here in Florida I am going to test the reading at 70F while the tires are parked. So far I have not seen 70F to test my theory.

porthole

Retired
I have a sensor that intermittently does not transmit. Took multiple back and forth e-mails to get TST to agree to send me a new sensor - AFTER they received my sensor.
This was 2 weeks after I bought the kit at Nashville.

I didn't bother sending it back yet because I was using the trailer and didn't want to be without it once I started using it.

Was a little disappointed we couldn't get the same discount we were offered at an earlier rally (Hatteras I think) for the Nashville rally.