Who has a Sundance 2800RL

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
I believe the Sundance 2800RL is a new Model for 2011.

Since I am will be a new owner, it is always good to know who on the Forum has a 2800RL.

If you are a 2800RL owner, can you post a reply, so we all know who has one and allow us to communicate on question specific to our models.

Thank JASMAR (Tom)

grizzlygiant

I have a Sundance 2800RL and use it for near-full time living with my wife and two dogs. We have taken it across the USA five times so far and will be starting on trip six in a few months. Obvously we like the camper and the freedom to travel to interesting places.

ncc1701e

I'd love to tell you I have one and I do in a way. We signed the papers for our 2011 Sundance 2800RL on Monday. We also elected to leave it at the dealer some 400 miles away because of icy roads and return home without the trailer. When the weather and roads are more favorable we'll be "On the road again" to borrow a line from "Willie". Hope to hear from other 2800RL owners on experiences and issues. I spent nearly 5 hours at the dealer going through the unit which is being stored until a later date.

Tom & Milllie

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Tom and Millie,

Do you have your 2800 RL yet? Will be on our third trip tomorrow. Appears all the bugs are out of it now.

Tom and Lorraine

Last edited:

ncc1701e

Yes, the trailer is finally here. We have not had a chance to get any camping in yet. With a little luck we'll pull out around the first of March for an extended trip. The weather this year has been anything except good for being on the road.

Everyone who has seen the 2800RL has simply fell in love with the layout and the size.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Congrats on Your new Baby.....we have had ours out four times since Xmas and enjoying every minute of it and we also love the floor plan.

Tom and Lorraine

Attachments

• DSC09061.JPG
    DSC09061.JPG
    668.4 KB · Views: 45

jbeletti

Ncc,

Try to join us for the first never Tennessee rally :)

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
We have had our 2800rl across the US and love it. Watch the front jacks dont raise them to high leave several inches down so you dont blow a fuse or strip the gears. had to tighten the kitchen sink drains. other than that we have had no problems and a great time.

ncc1701e

We finally got out new tow out for a weekend. The trailer really seems like a great unit. We were only able to spend three nights in the unit. This was our shake down cruise. Just a couple pics for anyone who has not seen the 2011 2800RL.

Feb 2011 Nashville KOA.JPG Dinette.JPG Sink Range Area.JPG Bedroom Slide.jpg Rear Living Chairs.JPG

I've made a couple modifications to the unit. Added a place to store the primary sewer hose, added a marine quality battery disconnect switch, and a water manifold.

DSC02279.jpg Water Manifold Assembly-Not Glued.JPG

I did not take a picture of the battery disconnect switch. The water manifold is installed and works great. It take a fair amount of planning and cutting to get a design that would fit in the water hook up area without interferring with the drain valves. I've got details and measurements for anyone who wants to tackle this.

Tom

bacaye

Jim, Can you tell us when the Tennessee Rally is being held and location? I can not find a listing for their rally.. Thanks, Barb

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
I've made a couple modifications to the unit. Added a place to store the primary sewer hose, added a marine quality battery disconnect switch, and a water manifold.

Tom, where did you mount the Water Manifold? Also can you show me where you mounted the Kill switch?
Tom

grizzlygiant

Tom: I have the same model Sundance but a couple of years older. Since there are only two of us we turned the table 90 degrees and leave two chairs in storage. We have more eating space and get a good view out of the window.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
gary, I assume you unscrewed the top and turned it around? I have been wondering if how the legs are screwed into the slide's floor, is it just self tapping screws or what?

Jasmar - Tom (Since there is two toms it appears, I will revert to my screen name JASMAR (Tom)

thanks ahead of time for you answers.

jnbhobe

gary, I assume you unscrewed the top and turned it around? I have been wondering if how the legs are screwed into the slide's floor, is it just self tapping screws or what?

Tom; The legs of the table are screwed to the floor. They are under the wooden plugs on the end of the leg. I took mine out when it was new because my wife likes to move things around.

ncc1701e

Tom, where did you mount the Water Manifold? Also can you show me where you mounted the Kill switch?
Tom

It is raining here today and tomorrow, just as soon as I get a break in the weather I'll take a couple pictures of the final installation of both the battery disconnect switch and the water manifold. In a nutshell, the disconnect switch is mounted on the wall in the front basement just above the common terminal strip between. The water manifold is in the water distribution panel area. A tight fit, but works just fine.

DSC02283.jpg Water Manifold Preassembly.JPG

If you want to look at this mod for your trailer, I've got all the specs on how long everything needs to be cut.

Tom C.

Last edited:

ncc1701e

Jasmar,

A followup to my earlier post. The switch info:
BEP MARINE 701 BATTERY DISCONNECT SWITCH, 275 701 CONTOUR MASTER BATTERY SWITCH Sold by: JOLT INC
Condition: new
Quantity: 1
$27.99 each

Battery Disconnect Switch.JPG Used self tapping 1-1/2" 8-32 screws to mount to back panel and a $6 cable from Auto Zone.

Here are a couple pictures of the water manifold installed in my trailer. It is a tight space but there is plenty of room to work the drain valves.
Water Manifold Installed 1.JPG Water Manifold Installed 2.JPG Water Manifold Installed 3.JPG

A few notes about this mod. It will not go into the space if you completely assemble the manifold prior to installation. Has to go in 5 pieces. If you want to do this let me send you the complete set of pictures that show each assembled leg and how to put it in the space. In the last picture where you see a hose dangling with no connection (left side), this is the city water connection. I need to get a picture of this connection as it mates to the plate I made to replace the storage cover. Valves are (center pic): Front left is city water, center is black tank flush, rear no vale is hose attachment to city water in. Valves are (left pic): fresh water tank fill.

ncc1701e

Here is a link to the Chapter leader for the TN Ralley.

//heartlandowners.org/member.php/4998-Nabo

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Tom C.

First of all, this is getting weird in a funny way, Your Name is Tom and so mine. Your last name initial is C. so is mine.

I guess I better use JASMAR (Tom C.) otherwise people may think I am chatting with myself LOL
Tom C.

Thank You for your picture of the Water Manifold...look great and the Kill switch. I will have to look at it closer tonight.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Hey Sundance 2800RL owners, please go to the "Community" drop down above and the selection Group, and come and join the Sundance 2800RL group that NCC1701e (Tom) started.

JASMAR