light switches for door entry.

ron-s

I have a 3650rl, the switches for the steps and outside light is mounted by the floor across from the entry door. It is hard to reach across the entry and find them in the dark... They need to be mounted inside by the door.:confused:

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for the post. We are considering moving the switches closer to the door, but this requires us to put them in the first step (to bedroom). We have to remove the bottom drawer to do this. You can see our dilema.... Keep the ideas coming!!!

Bighurt

With the option of keyless entry I'd like to see key fob controlled entry lights.

It's nice having the switches down low so you can turn them on when entering but having to bend down to turn them off is slightly annoying.

I except this with my unit having a lower price point but in the higher end coaches it would be nice to see convenient switch heights. In fact as the techno geek that I am I wouldn't mind seeing automated environmental controls connected to user tags, controlled by a central computer. But alas that's a lot to ask for camping...

B

bwwalczak

I did neglect to mention in the previous thread, our remote control system from key fob. I am a techy person myself (probably just in my own mind), however I think gadgets are GREAT!

The new remotes are a centralized control center that controls slides, electric awning, electric rear jacks, front power jacks, exterior lights - all from a very small key fob. This feature is now available on new ElkRidge and Big Country models. VERY COOL!!! Check out the video we made on our website: www.heartlandrvs.com search for Big Country product and then look for feature videos. There is a thread about the remote contol system on this forum also - I would post link if I knew how!!

Keep the great ideas coming!!

Bighurt

Well Bryan that is a great addition. Hopefully it makes it to the Cyclone line before I make the upgrade.

Nice tool for hooking up... Now you can raise and lower the landing gear without putting her in park getting out. Still have to do the rest yourself but it's a nice added convenience.