Hey folks!......It's finally here! my Heartland Big Horn 3585RL - UK

Reyllock

IT'S HERE! The Big Horn has landed in the UK and is now secure and awaiting the conversion tomorrow. A slight worry when our importer called to say the measurements supplied by Heartland for shipping were under, and there would be more to pay before it would be released, as the shipping is calculated by the cubic foot, the difference would be approx £700! but she absorbed the additional cost and after a couple of hours delay the release was granted, Phew. So on wit the story,
We decided to travel towards Liverpool last night and stopped over in a Travel lodge approx 20 miles from the docks. We had some business to attended this morning in Runcorn Cheshire, and then we travelled to the Port of Liverpool, a couple of hours early, but managed to get access to the compound. There were 2 Big Horns 3 small Airstreams, and Travelite plus a few cars and trucks. We identified ours by the VIN, and then discovered the other was a 3560RL (would love to know who has bought that one?), it was via an RV dealership in the States as it had a sticker on the back (maybe it will show on the photos) Anyway I got to work and changed the lighting plug and fitted a trailer board, I was surprised to find the battery was fitted, but so glad I took one, as the fitted one was flat!
The only thing I found wrong on the initial inspection was a small plastic catch for the landing leg switch cover was missing, and a short piece of trim that was above the TV had come off (held on by 3 screws) There will be a more thorough inspection tomorrow when I start the conversion to 240VAC. To just say we are really pleased with it would be the understatement of the year!, now I can't wait to get on with the conversion, and get settled in, Julie is sat here making a list of new things to buy to make it a real home. I got a few photos at the dock and will get them uploaded in the next day or so.
It's been a long 24 hours, but at last we are the proud owners of a very very nice US 5er in the UK. :D

f250dieseldad

Kev, I am glad you got your camper. Ours is ordered and we can't wait to get it. Good luck with your conversion. Post pictures as soon as you can.

lwmcguir

Congratulations Kev & Julie, sounds like you know what you are up to and should have a lot of enjoyment living in the 3585RL.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Kev and Julie, Congrads to you too. Enjoy the Bighorn. Looking forward to pics.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on finally getting the BH across the pond. Glad to also hear that there wasn't any major damage thru shipping. Would love to see the pics both at the docks as well as once ya'll get her set up. Enjoy.

LarryD

Kev,

Thanks for keeping us informed, thought you might be too busy and tired to get on the internet right away. Can't wait to see the pics. Enjoy the new home.

Moose

Congratulations to the new "parents" on the arrival of their new "baby". ROFL

You guys will love it.

Looking forward to pics ans stories too.

Reyllock

Thank you all for your congrats, doesn't seem enough hours in the day to complete the conversion to 240VAC, but managed to 'plumb in' the transformer, and just run a live feed to the 110v panel, so we celebrated with a drink and a dvd and spent the first night in it last night -4c but very comfortable!
I can't believe how thick your 50amp shore line is! I was hoping to complete today, but Julie really needed to go and do some retail therapy to make it homely! So will complete second stage tonight (changing some of the sockets, to our 13amp 3 pin type). Having removed the basement wall to run some cable, I now know why I can get a wiring schematic from Heartland!! (its a jungle in there!! lol) Anyway, with my trusted multi meter, a printed floor plan and able assistant (Julie), I shall check exactly what sockets marry to which breaker! And all being well, hope to up date you tomorrow (even if it is from the emergency room!)
God bless Heartland, and all you good people out there!

Reyllock

Mmm, I isolated the bedroom circuit, via the breaker, changed 4 sockets and got electrocuted 3 times! I don't think this is going to be as easy as I thought, will need to test every socket now, before I switch that breaker from the 120v to 240v, to make sure I don't fry any appliances. And to top it all off, we have had about 9" of snow this morning, and most of the local roads are un-passable, so looks like I won't be moving the Big Horn to our site just yet! Will keep you posted!