New Owner

chkwgn

My wife and I are the new owners of a 2011 Bighorn. Picked it up on the 9th of Dec and had planned to make a trip this month. Can you believe it it is snowing today? This is not normal for this time of month in Virginia. I guess I will put it in storage for a couple of months. Maybe we'll sit in it and dream of warmer days.

2010augusta

Chuck, Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I know you'll enjoy the new trailer and you'll get to use it soon.

meanwhile, take a good look around the forum and learn lots, there are lots of great people here.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new Big Horn. Just wait - spring will be here before you know it and WOW, more camping opportunities than you can shake a stick at. I know the VA Chapter will be glad for ya'll come to Williamsburg for their rally, the Eastern Rally will be in Cherokee, NC and NC/SC Chapters are having a joint rally in western NC. Check out the listing on the front page of the forum for information on these and many many more rallies. We would also like to invite ya'll to come to the Tennessee Rally in August. Enjoy, think warmer times and travel safely.

dieselsweetheart

Chuckwagon? Oh my, welcome to the group!!! Congrats on your new BH...you will love it!! And one of these rallies when you meet us...we'll tell you our famous tale about the chuckwagon.... in fact, your chapter leader, Gus...(boatto5er)...well, he can tell that tale pretty well....

Welcome to a fun group of people!!!

chkwgn

I would be interested in hearing the chuckwagon story. chkwgn was my CB handle when I was an over the road trucker, retired from that in 2006. There is a story behind that handle also. In looking at the events coming up we will probably make the rally in June in PA. Will be in California in May so can't make the one in Williamsburg.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
chkwgn, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Bighorn.As the NC chapter leader I would like to invite you to the NC/SC joint rally at 4 Paws Kingdom in Rutherfordton,NC April 15-17.If we can be any help please let us know.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
My wife and I are the new owners of a 2011 Bighorn. Picked it up on the 9th of Dec and had planned to make a trip this month. Can you believe it it is snowing today? This is not normal for this time of month in Virginia. I guess I will put it in storage for a couple of months. Maybe we'll sit in it and dream of warmer days.

Congratulations on becoming members of the family. As you are from Virginia, I'm sure well be meeting at a rally real soon!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I would be interested in hearing the chuckwagon story. chkwgn was my CB handle when I was an over the road trucker, retired from that in 2006. There is a story behind that handle also. In looking at the events coming up we will probably make the rally in June in PA. Will be in California in May so can't make the one in Williamsburg.

I'll have to write it up and email the long version to you. It's kind of long. Let's just say for now that it's related to a blue plate special at a small restuarant in TN where the waitress didn't have good words to describe it.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I'll have to write it up and email the long version to you. It's kind of long. Let's just say for now that it's related to a blue plate special at a small restuarant in TN where the waitress didn't have good words to describe it.

TRUTH Gus! I heard the waitress told the TRUTH! :eek: It's a great story by far!