Thanks to ALL on This Here Forum

Buford445

I went to pick up my New (to ME) BH 3055RL today and I was SOOOOO Excited :cool: Everything was Going GREAT, went through the PDI and was Impressed with EVERYTHING................Let me back up for a Minuit, I had called the Sales Person (to be PC) andI ask Her to Please have the Brakes checked (Because I have read on HERE that some of you have pulled away and had to go back and have the Brakes adjusted) before I picked it up...........(Back to our Regular Scheduled Program) I get my BH 3055 hooked up to the Slider Hitch in the Maneuver Position and Apply the Brakes by hand and.......NO BRAKES..........I get the Mechanics out there to look at them and Finally figure out that the brakes ARE NOT ADJUSTED PROPERLY :mad:
They ask if I could leave it and pick it up tomorrow..I said I leave 1 hr away, then they said they would Deliver it to me tomorrow, with reservation I said yes I am *****, If I hadn't ask Her to do this It wouldn't be a Issue

Sorry for the Rant

For you Michigan People it is not a Hartland Dealer and they are in HOLT,MI

Last edited by a moderator:

KL7j

I went to pick up my New (to ME) BH 3055RL today and I was SOOOOO Excited :cool: Everything was Going GREAT, went through the PDI and was Impressed with EVERYTHING................Let me back up for a Minuit, I had called the Sales Person (to be PC) andI ask Her to Please have the Brakes checked (Because I have read on HERE that some of you have pulled away and had to go back and have the Brakes adjusted) before I picked it up...........(Back to our Regular Scheduled Program) I get my BH 3055 hooked up to the Slider Hitch in the Maneuver Position and Apply the Brakes by hand and.......NO BRAKES..........I get the Mechanics out there to look at them and Finally figure out that the brakes ARE NOT ADJUSTED PROPERLY :mad:
They ask if I could leave it and pick it up tomorrow..I said I leave 1 hr away, then they said they would Deliver it to me tomorrow, with reservation I said yes I am *****, If I hadn't ask Her to do this It wouldn't be a Issue

Sorry for the Rant

For you Michigan People it is not a Hartland Dealer and they are in HOLT,MI

After they adjust them and deliver the unit, check them out in an equivalent panic stop. You might have them do a test with you in their truck before unhooking to avoid the it's your controller argument, then hook it up to your rig and manually apply the brakes.

Last edited:

ihsolutions

I fail to understand how these units leave the factory with no brakes (as yours and mine did), and further, why they (the dealer) didn't adjust them for you on the spot. This can be done in less than 10 minutes. Why any dealer (or Heartland) would assume this kind of liability is beyond my comprehension.

Glad you are getting it taken care of, though, and had the foresight to check. I fear for the consumer who doesn't know to check these things, and drives merrily down the road not knowing the difference.

Buford445

I fail to understand how these units leave the factory with no brakes (as yours and mine did), and further, why they (the dealer) didn't adjust them for you on the spot. This can be done in less than 10 minutes. Why any dealer (or Heartland) would assume this kind of liability is beyond my comprehension.

Glad you are getting it taken care of, though, and had the foresight to check. I fear for the consumer who doesn't know to check these things, and drives merrily down the road not knowing the difference.

Just so we are Clear This is a USED RV NOT NEW and NOT Heartland's Fault

Not sure why they didn't do it, except they said they were going to put it back in a bay to work on it, and maybe they wanted to make sure there was nothing else wrong

Buford445

I talked to the Manager today and expressed my feelings on this and they said everything will be taken care of and I will get 2 30# tanks FULL of Propane

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You'd a thunk they would have gone over it when they took it in as a used trade or whatever.

Buford445

Every one there says they don't check the breaks. I would think that for a Safety Factor that Brakes would be Checked, I told them that I would hate to be going down a Steep Mountain Grade and THEN find I don't have Brakes, Which I'm sure I would have known before that happened

Buford445

Well they just called and said the brakes were just out of adjustment, and they done a clean and inspect of the brakes and also done a wheel bearing repack and replaced the seals.

So I will leave here in a few to meet them at the truck stop to get it and get a weight slip. I have been waiting for a week for this moment and I'M Not a Patient PERSON LOL

Buford445

Sorry I haven't been back to this but I did pick it up and got it weighed and went to take off and thought NO Brakes.......I get out and Look......Then Plug in my Trailer Plug and WOW Brakes LOL
All in All I am Very Pleased with every thing, I did put a 2 1/2 Memory Foam Mattress pad on the King and it made a Big difference
So Now I am Ready to take off and stay in it LOL

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sorry I haven't been back to this but I did pick it up and got it weighed and went to take off and thought NO Brakes.......I get out and Look......Then Plug in my Trailer Plug and WOW Brakes LOL
That gave me a chuckle. So did you weigh the rig? And?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Truck and Empty Trailer 19520# I didn't weigh the truck but I have been told truck is around 7500#
Too late, I know. You shoulda put the truck on the scale before hooking up. Reweighs are usually free or a buck. I'm thinking your truck may weigh a bit more than 7,500 because the trailer should come in closer to 11,500. You should be fine though. Have fun and enjoy the new (to you) Bighorn..

Buford445

Yeah I know but I will get it done sometime, I will get the 5'r weighted again after I get everything in it to see what I'm carrying