Dying for new photos!

funntheson

Jim, somebody, anybody,

Our 3585 is supposed to complete today and hit the road to California soon. We have been waiting since mid-October (our choice due to waiting for Pecan).

I know it will be here soon, but does anybody have any pictures and/or details of the updates on the new Bighorns? I need something to hold me over.

ihsolutions

Larry and Jodi, I feel for you. It's gotta be hard to wait, especially not knowing what you're getting. As much as I love Heartland and my Big Horn, I have to say their marketing efforts re: the website are really lacking. For example, the website does not reflect the current standards/options, the new BH mega bath floorplans, etc. It is consistently way out of date. This is just a little thing that is really not that hard to do, keeping it updated. Why spend all this time on a website redesign and not keep the content updated??

I don't mean to bash at all, I'm just giving some constructive feedback based on my own experience, and that of individuals whom I've tried to convince to purchase Heartland products. I am not the only customer (or potential customer) to reach this conclusion.

GOTTOYS

I can't help but agree about the lack of updates. Hate to criticize but I don't think Heartland is getting their moneys' worth from whoever takes care of their website...Don

Rob_Fla

Go to the Lazy Days Dealer Website (Tampa Fla), a lot of the "New" Bighhorn Floorplans with the Pecan Wood are on their site with a lot of pictures.

Robert

KL7j

I can't help but agree about the lack of updates. Hate to criticize but I don't think Heartland is getting their moneys' worth from whoever takes care of their website...Don
I agree with you.

Why all the unpublished options.
I blundered into a few this past August then got to asking.
Things like: the bike receiver hitch, the 614's on lower weight models,
more 12 volt outlets, the type of recliner(s), etc.
Maybe the wetbolt kit for lube and HD shackles, I would like AxleTek brakes if available, what else who knows.

Heartland should use it to their advantage, not have options or new features so obscure.

jbeletti

Larry and Jodi - I am sure you are super anxious. I have no photos of that unit, but Cookie here on the forum has that model. As for the Pecan, look at the images I posted for the Landmark San Antonio to get a sense of that.

As for everyone elses comments on the Heartland website and the unpublished options, I know how frustrating this is. Let me do my best to address both of these areas that I don't have any influence on.

First, the easier one to explain. Heartland RVs is more a high volume producer of RVs than we are a custom/ semi-custom producer. As such, we have standardized floor-plans and option lists. For the most part, we keep it pretty simple. That is until someone asks if there is anyway we could do xyz for them. If we can, we try to do so. Does that mean it's now a standard option? No. Later, someone else asks us if we can do abc for them. And we can't do it, but one time, 6 months prior, during a slower period, we did it for someone. Now what? The point is, there are things we can do as one-offs, sometimes, there are things we cannot do, there are things we may try to do, but if we had an option list of everything we have ever done or everything we could possibly do, it would be this very long, ever changing list. I am sorry to be the bearer of this news. So, how can you, the consumer, make the most of what some call the "hidden option list" - which isn't real :)? I suggest you ask your dealer for whatever you want. Regardless of it being on our options list or not. If you want your main AC to be a heat pump for example, just ask. If we can get it, we'll do our best. Sure, there's a lot we're just not going to be able to get/do - but I say "he who does not ask, will not get" - sort of a personal motto of mine. In all of this, I do not mean to come across as flippant. Just trying to explain it the best way I can.

In terms of the HRV factory website and the data that is there versus the product being built now, we're sort of in that "interim period" right now, where we have exhibited the product changes in Louisville to the dealers, and we're producing product with the changes, but things aren't 100% dialed in, and we're not ready to make the official change over to the new model year (2012). So we continue to make tweaks to the product, continue to take pictures, continue to layout all the new literature, prepare for new model year changeovers later in the year etc. It's just a large state of change on all products on several fronts at the same time. Not a simple answer for you and not even that acceptable of an answer. But I'm trying to be as open as I can, as best as I understand the situation.

I feel January will be where we'll see significant website updates. I simply ask for patience.

Now, for those who have to have more info now as you are ready to do a factory order, simply work with your dealer. They have unfettered access to their Heartland rep to get any and all answers for you. And you always have the option to contact Heartland directly to get answers to some of your questions. One may call Heartland at 574-262-5992. Just ask for the product rep for your area.

Jim

ihsolutions

Jim,

I personally went through a lot of aggravation with regards to the "hidden option list" when I ordered my 3670RL last winter. It is very frustrating as an owner to find out, after you've taken delivery on your unit, that something you really would have liked was widely available, unknown to you, the buyer. The explanation you give is the first logical, acceptable response I have read on the subject. There are many posts in these archives where people have gotten a little upset about finding out, for example, they could have had G614's on their Big Horn instead of going straight to a tire dealer after taking delivery to have their China Bombs replaced. The G614 option is, IMO, one of the best values on the list, not to mention saving the consumer a lot of hassle.

Regarding the website, what you are saying makes perfect sense. I will say that when I was ordering my 2011 Big Horn (in Feb of 2010) the Heartland website still had all 2010 and earlier data on it, and this was a few months after the 2011's were officially out according to my salesman. I got tired of trying to figure out what was what, so I finally just got in my car and came to the factory to get the real scoop and a great tour. The point is, from a buyer's perspective, this is really important, and if I hadn't been so adamant that I was going to buy a Heartland product, I may have just given up and bought a Keystone (gasp!). The point is, I hope for Heartland's sake that the website is updated as soon as info is available, as this is a really important sales tool in this day and age, maybe even moreso than a dealer.

Thanks again for taking the time to address a couple things that have had me frustrated for some time now. As with anything, it's much easier to be understanding and patient when you get "the whole story".

Jeff

ChopperBill

When we ordered outs with Saddle interior we didn't want that for the dining room chairs and asked if the could change them to the Godiva style. The dealer said that Heartland was the only one that they sold that would do that. Kudos to Heartland! Heartland just happen to change the design in the Godiva that was quit a bit different than the one we compared with. The dealer swapped them out for the one on their lot. Kudos to the dealer! Some things were on the different trailer that we weren't really ecstatic about but there were other differences that we were happy to see. Ya win some and you loose some. I think we came up on the plus side in the win column!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
As I am waiting for the Key Largo (which I am Hoping now the prototype has been made) I have found it really hard to get information. I have to give the guys at the factory as thumbs up, they have put out the info as soon as they had it. I would think that the changes mostly are updates and not safety issues, and could be made to do a date change over where the new stuff is published and everything ordered before the change over would be the old style and the ones ordered after would be the new style. I know in my case I'm glade to see and choose the one that's right for me. Being that the Key Largo is brand new and that has a different set of issues in it's self but a date for a new modal or changes to existing modals IMHO would work nicely.

back2nature

I think Heartland is great in being able to accommodate buyer's requests on an assembly line units. We called Kary K. to see about ordering the vessel sink, instead of the standard bathroom sink, and he said no problem. We are so glad that was possible. We love the sink. More counter space and it looks cool. Neighbors came by to look and said "wow, we don't have that on our motorhome." Lovin' it.

Go Heartland!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know what you mean. We have not even made an order yet and will do at the Florida show. But the pics that are out have just about been used up. Looking at the same old pics have stopped getting being enough to keep my anxiety down. We only have about 12 days until I will have all the pics I want because we are going to Florida armed with our camera. We are calling this trip "our great home buying trip".

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well hang in there, you'll make it. Sounds like fun.
Ours is due around Jan. 20th and we have commited to a week trip around that same time (Quartzsite), so I have a feeling we'll be making that trip in our current trailer instead of the new one. Then we come back, get our new one and begin fulltiming in Feb. Ours has been on order for around 5 weeks already.

letourno

Quebec Chapter Leader-retired
Our 3585 "Miss Biggy" arrived at the dealer by mid-November. We took some pictures before dealer prep. The interior is Godiva/Oak, realyy lighy! Everything seems to be as ordered, Heartland and our dealer did a great job.
We will take delivery only when the snow is gone, probably by mid-April. By then we should also have received Kermit the Ford and we are planning a trip on the coast from Rhode Island through Maine and New Brunswick. It's a long wait until then.
IMG_01.jpg IMG_12a.jpgIMG_15.jpgIMG_18.jpgIMG_21.jpgIMG_22.jpgIMG_30.jpg
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/pencil.png