Westward Ho need advice

jpajax

Now that the wife has given the test and graded the papers it's time to hit the road for Texas. Will be leaving from NC on I-40 to Memphis for a overnight stay. Anybody now of a Wal Mart or a good place to pull over and spend the night that is off I-40? Or is there something that would be worth seeing that would justify staying another night? If there is what CG would you recommend. Oh Ya leaving on Monday the 20th.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jim, I've not traveled that route but... I use Microsoft streets & trips for my initial route plan. From there, I figure how far I want to travel in a day and then search that general area for a place to spend a night or two. You can find the zip code for that area and then do a search on the Walmart site for a superstore location. Travel Safe.

hoefler

Just west of Conway Ar, there is a state park called Toad Suck. It is on a river and there is the only working lock in the state. They have 50 amp and water, no sewer. Nice little park.

jpajax

Thanks for your advice and wisdom, got one eye on weather channel and the other on this form. Have a Marry Christmas and a healthy and proposes New Year. Keep God on your mind and in your heart and he will keep you in his protecting hands.