New owner question about Touch Audio systm in 26LRSS

pegmikef

We are brand new owners of a 2011 26LRSS. We traded in our 2011 Edge M21 a couple of weeks ago, because we just needed a little more room and the 26LRSS fills the bill while still being lightweight. In fact we are amazed at the difference in the amount of space for an increase of barely seven feet in length. We are basically pleased with it except for a couple of minor issues. Like the Edge, the night stand has a kind of useless shelf (23 inches deep and narrow) so I had to make drawers for them to make them more useful (did the same thing for the Edge). I am still having an issue with the Touch Audio system in as much as I can't seem to get the tv audio to play through the trailer speakers (DVDs yes, but regular TV no). I have verified that the cable is going from the TV audio output to the Touch Audio AUX Input, but I get no sound. Anybody got any ideas?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am still having an issue with the Touch Audio system in as much as I can't seem to get the tv audio to play through the trailer speakers (DVDs yes, but regular TV no). I have verified that the cable is going from the TV audio output to the Touch Audio AUX Input, but I get no sound. Anybody got any ideas?

Pegmikef, congrats on you new,new rig. Just a thought, and that is you may have to look in the TV menu and tell it that you want to use external speakers. Or something like that. I recall seeing that in a TV menu somewhere in the past. Just look around in the TV menu.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

Thanks for your suggestion. I got it working. Who would think that Sylvania would change what were audio out ports on my old model to pc audio in ports on my newer model TV. As it turns out, there were no audio outputs on the TV so I ended up using the headset output port with a Y connector (6 bucks at radio shack) to convert it to RCA Victor Jacks so I could plug it into the Touch Audio aux audio input cables. The Touch Audio has no audio output jacks so if anyone has a touch audio with red and white plugged in anywhere but audio out jacks on the TV (like mine were), they aren't doing anything. When they are plugged into an audio out source on the TV, you can play the audio through the Touch Audio system by selecting AUX using the mode option.

Last edited: