Travel Insurance for Canadians

albertr

We have bought insurance through CAA in the past. We are wondering where others buy theirs. Lots of places to buy but......Anybody use Medipac? Thanks...Al:confused:

noobee

We've used Medipac for the past 3 years... very happy with their 'upfront' service... never had to use the claim service so I can't comment on that.

Previously, I used a different company but decide for the same money I preferred the coverage that Medipac offers.

CS

camr

The last time that we bought travel insurance through our Manitoba branch of CAA, it was a policy from Manitoba Blue Cross. So it really wasn't CAA insurance, CAA was the only the seller of Blue Cross. I have always been extra careful getting anything from CAA since we were very badly taken by purchasing an air/holiday package from them. The couple that we were travelling with (same flight, same resort, same carrier, booked the same day) purchased the same holiday from another travel firm and afterwards we found out that they got the same package for $300 less. At the time CAA Manitoba had an advertising policy that stated if you could find a lower price, they would give you $100. Well, that's all they refunded... just $100 of the $300 difference. We still took it you know where, to the tune of $200. At the time of booking the trip, I foolishly believed that as a member of a non profit organization like CAA they would not "financially gouge" their members. As always, buyer beware.

Duramax1

I really should let my wife respond to this email as it is she who had done all the research but I will throw out these general comments.

Firstly, we live in British Columbia so I am not sure who BCAA places their insurance with.

But more importantly however is the fine print concerning preexisting conditions that my wife goes through with a fine tooth comb when making any comparison with other carriers as she has a number of medical issues.

In this regard she finds BCAA to offer better protection and it is on this point that we purchase the insurance rather than price alone.