Washer dryer area

captchat

We took delivery of our new 2011 3670RL Nov 17 and love it. After getting it home from the dealer I noticed that the cabinet that contains the plumbing for the washer dryer was off the wall and loose. The screws were pulled out of the forward wall, and some screws were broken off. We took a 9 day maiden voyage with it and are ready to take it back to the dealer for minor warranty work. This may have happened on the 2000 mile delivery or just not installed properly at the factory. Has anyone else seen this problem. I don't want the dealer just to run more screws into the already damaged wall. Anyone have any Ideas on a proper fix?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow Mike, sorry to hear of that on your new rig. I have not heard of that happening on that closet. I am sure it can be fixed if your dealer knows the proper way to repair pulled screw holes. I'm sure they will take care of you.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Hi Mike (and Laurie),

Like Dave - I too have not heard of this happening before. Sorry to hear it. Your dealer should be able to get you fixed back up. When you take it in, go through the unit critically so you have a comprehensive punch list for the dealer to take care of for you while it's there.

Jim

ChopperBill

Possible the installer got a little carried away with his impact driver. Guessing a few larger screws would fix it.

captchat

Thanks Jim and Dave for the quick reply. I will work up a good punch list before we go back. We want to head for Tucson at the ind of Jan and would like to get these issues taken care of before we go.

jbeletti

Mike,

Email or fax the list into the dealer in advance to give them a chance to get it to Heartland and get approval on it all. That will minimize your RV down time.