Dual pane windows

Dave

Traveling Two
Can dual pane windows be installed in my Sundance 3300SK? Can I purchase these dual pane windows from Heartlend or an after market company? We are in the process of doing some upgrades to our 3300SK in preparing for our full timing in 15 months. Might as well do it now while I'm still full time working. So far we reinforced the hallway and bathroom floor and put insulation there also. Next project is to replace the bathroom sink with a sink that has a larger bowl but the same foot print as the existing sink and cabinet. We bought this larger bowl and cabinet from Home Depot, it's going to work out nice!! Be safe out there!

caissiel

When I had a window broken on my previous trailer I search the net for suppliers and found out the Hehr Windows will sell direct.
The model number of the window is in the frame so removing the window is required.
Also they have the material list and sizes on their site.
Maybe you need to see the list of your actual sizes and price them and when time to order remove the window requiring replacement and order the matching unit in Dual Pane.
Maybe Heartland can also help in having a list of sizes and quoted price for replacement.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Dave,
Replacement is possible but costly. I called the factory to find out what it would cost to replace mine. Just in parts, it was a little ove 4200 dollars for 12 windows.
Even with the club discount not cheap. Then there us shipping. Putting them in is the easy part.

If you call the part dept and give them your serial number, they can figure out which windows you have. I did not call Hehr directly yet.

LarryD

If replacing the windows ends up being too much expense and work, there is another option as a partial solution. For the fixed glass portion of each window, you can install rigid plexiglas as the second pane. I did this on six windows for a cost of about $200, this included the large dining room window and main window with a 3ft x 5ft fixed glass pane. I used 3/16" thick plexiglas and 'H' cross-section rubber gasket (from J.C. Whitney). The gasket is designed for installing auto windshields and slips on the window frame lip around the top and sides of the window. Along the bottom edge adjacent to the window vent, clear silicone and a few plastic mirror clips finish the job. Also installed window tint from Gila that is specifically intended for large RV windows and helps both summer and winter. While not as good as TP windows, the plexiglas still creates a dead air space that reduces heat loss or gain.

Moose

If replacing the windows ends up being too much expense and work, there is another option as a partial solution. For the fixed glass portion of each window, you can install rigid plexiglas as the second pane. I did this on six windows for a cost of about $200, this included the large dining room window and main window with a 3ft x 5ft fixed glass pane. I used 3/16" thick plexiglas and 'H' cross-section rubber gasket (from J.C. Whitney). The gasket is designed for installing auto windshields and slips on the window frame lip around the top and sides of the window. Along the bottom edge adjacent to the window vent, clear silicone and a few plastic mirror clips finish the job. Also installed window tint from Gila that is specifically intended for large RV windows and helps both summer and winter. While not as good as TP windows, the plexiglas still creates a dead air space that reduces heat loss or gain.

Sounds innovative and interesting. Would it be possible for you to post some pictures please?

Moose

Thanks Larry. Looks neat.

BTW you should have "yelled out" when you were crossing the Canso Causeway onto Cape Breton back in 2007. I would have heard you. LOL