picture freeze

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Has any one had problems with there tv's picture freezeing while watching it, in both main and bedroom, it seems to be mainly on one channel have checked for loose fittings but all are OK.
Thanks for your help.
Mike

jonesj2

Welcome to HD and over the air reception. This is a common problem/complaint, you may want to make sure you booster is on. Weather, distance from transmitting antenna are some of the causes for you problem.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mike, Use THIS LINK to get a better idea for a starting direction for aiming your rooftop antenna. Click "Choose Antenna" and follow the directions. Your situation is common and if you're close to the right direction, try tweaking the antenna one way or the other for a better signal. Sometimes your Antenna Head is pointing the wrong direction. Try turning the antenna 180 degrees.

Lou_and_Bette

Mike, Bette and I are still in our sticks and bricks home with cable TV reception and we have the same problem so not sure if there is any problem with your stuff. The was one channel that was frozen for more than 24 hours with the same still picture and the sound track from the program that was playing at the time. IMHO there is still some "bugs" with the gov't quickly switching everything to digital.

Lou

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Another thing we found was interference from the bathroom exhaust fan = poorer picture quality. Turn off the fan, and voila!

TT

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
I'm thinking of going back to black and white and going outside to turn the antenna, and watching the three channels! Whacha think!!!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm thinking of going back to black and white and going outside to turn the antenna, and watching the three channels! Whacha think!!!!
I'm thinking Rabbit Ears with some neatly designed aluminum foil pieces attached in carefully tested patterns on both antenna ears.