TV Upgrade for 07 3400RL

caokgafamily

I would much rather upgrade to a 2011 Landmark but....

Has anybody upgraded there TV in the living area? I'm thinking I can squeeze a 32"+ on the swingout arm of the TV cabinet. I will probably have to rig some kind of attachment filler to use the original swing out support arm.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

Steve

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We just recently replaced our 26" Olevia with a 32" Sony. It mounted into the 'hole' just fine. The 32" is actually just a little bit narrower because the Olevia had the speakers on the sides and the Sony has speakers on the back. The swing arm mount holes matched perfectly on the rear of the TV and had to just move the mount down about an inch on the back wall. So I was able to use the same mounting hardward. The straps that secures the TV in place while traveling work fine on the new Sony TV. And WOW what a much better picture on the Sony. BTW we found the Sony at Wal-Mart for less than $400.00.

boatdoc

Our '09 has the LH swingout and I changed the Olevia out last year at the campground we stay at in the winter. I put a 32" Panosonic in and just made a small adaptor out of a piece of plywood to screw the TV to and then to the swingout. Made a nice little fill strip, oak, for the right side to have the same margin all around the new TV. The travel strap works great and it all looks like it came from mother Heartland. Couldn't pass up the deal for the TV at the local Kmart down where we stay.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes we did, not once but twice. Our BC had a big heavy what I called old tube tv. Our first replacement was an 27" Insignia LCD tv. We mounted a board inside the tv area and mounted a swing arm mount, having the tv stayed inside the cabinet area. Last year we replaced it with a 32" Sansung LCD using the same wall swing arm mount. The tv is too big for inside the cabinet so we strap it back against the cabinet facing when traveling, place a cutting board underneath it to keep it from bouncing too much and havent had a bit of problems. Sure love the big TV.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
If the swingout bracket for your TV is the same as our was in our '08...try this link, it explains and shows exactly how we replaced the Olevia with a 32"...hope this helps!

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/6727-Replacing-Olevia-TV-Question

SmokeyBare

We have a 2007 Heartland 3400 RL. I replaced my Olevia 26 inch with a Toshiba 32 inch. I used the same bracket, only changes I needed to make was to drill 2 holes that matched the mounting holes on the top part of the flat plate used in the swing bracket. I also used a small spacer between the TV and the top holes of the mounting bracket. The Spacers allowed the TV to slightly tip forward on the top which made a better viewing angle.

I selected a Toshiba because of the "over the air Signal Strength meter built into the menu of the TV. The signal meter is also shown when changing channels, under the channel number, viewed like the bars on a Cell Phone. The Signal meter helps when setting up the TV after moving to a new location. Being able to see the picture as well as the signal strength meter makes all the difference when attempting to fine tune the Antenna.

Marv