future owner

gaucho

we plan to get an EdgeM-17; our TV wil be a 2011 Jeep Gran Cherokee with a hemi 5.7 V8
For the owners of an M-17(or M-18) how do you like it? problems? issues? we will be driving west and do a lot of mountaing driving. Will our towing vehicle be enough?
Gaucho

jimtoo

Hi gaucho,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will be getting some opinions soon.

Meanwhile enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
http://alberta-rvcountry.com/RVTowingTips/tabid/60/Default.aspx

Gaucho, I can't tell you anything directly with your model and tow vehicle, but I can tell you we tried to tow our 21fbs with a v8 4Runner. Even though the tow rating of the 4Runner was ok for the weight of the trailer, we had issues with the trailer swaying badly (even with sway control and weight distribution hitch). Turns out our tow vehicle to trailer wheelbase ratio was not good. We ended up ugrading to a truck. (see link for wheelbase recommendations).

Your Grand Cherokee with air suspension should be more than sufficient!! We tow our M22 with a 4.4 BMW x5 which has air sus and it tows stable and fast. I haven't seen tow reports for the 2011 jeep but I'd guess it'll perform well. Have fun!

Last edited:
We own a 2011 M21 and use a Saab 9-7x (same as a GMC Envoy) with a 5.3L. Vehicle tows the trailer good both at highway speeds and on hills.