Heartland Bighorn

Dusty

Hi Jeff,

My wife and I placed the order for our 2006 Big Horn 3500 today, 2-23-05. We saw one at the Austin Texas RV show and fell in love with it. We will be towing with a 2002 Ford F250 7.3 liter diesel with a 3.73? rear end and 4 speed automatic. It will put us up near the limit of the truck but I think it will do fine. If not, I will add an underdrive unit to the truck. Can't wait until the new unit arrives. We purchased it at Explore
USA RVsupercenter in Kyle Texas. If anyone is from our area and want to do business with some really super people, you can't find a better place than this. Kevin Prior is a super person to deal with, as well as the rest of the staff there.
I will send a few pics as soon as I get the new unit.

Thanks

Dusty (wayne mitchell)
Bastrop, Texas

jbeletti

Congratulations Dusty and welcome to the family! Good to hear you were treated well by your dealer as well.

I am buying a new truck (factory ordered), picking it up tomorrow (2/24) and well, I'll leave it as "it's a good thing I got a great price on it", because I will not be raving about my truck dealer.

I plan to take delivery of my Heartland April 1, I hope/plan to be raving about my Heartland dealer. So far - they've done well by me.

Looking forward to seeing your pics when you get the new unit!

Jim

J

Jeff

Congrats on the Big Horn!

Congrats on the New Big Horn!

I know you'll get many years of happy camping.

Take Care.

Jeff

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
well we finally bit the Bighorn. Just bought the Bighorn 3005 on the west coast of Canada. (Vancouver area) We did our initial walkthrough to look at all the defects to be fixed. We did not count them, but there were lots for the dealer to fix or hide. On Thursday we will go for our walk through for acceptance. We have our PDI lists ready and will arrive at least an hour early to start going through our list. I imagine that it will take 3=4 hours to do the walk through, If everything is OK we give them the money and we get the Bighorn.
Our largest problem seems to be the trugk. We want a 2wd 3/4 Ton Duramax Chev... WE can have any number of 4x4's but who really needs 4x4. I know I will face the wrath of the 4x4 owners, I just know that I don't require it. One dealer is bringing a 2x4 in about 3 weeks so will have to wait to use the 3005....
Rand

jbeletti

Rand,

Congrats on your new BH. Let us know how the final walk-through goes.

Don't worry about getting a lot of huffing from 4x4 vs. 4x2 owners on this forum. RV.net is a great forum for information but with over 200,000 members, you get all types and therefore a lot of interesting responses - some of them on fire!

Happy trails.

Jim