Touch Radio System

Wayno

Is there anyway to keep the radio from coming on with a weather alert when the trailer is not in use? This can't be good for the battery. It's a neat feature, but only when the RV is occupied.

jimtoo

Hi Wayno,

You might check outthis thread towards the last few post. If that does not do any good go to the Portal Page of the forum and call ASA (Jensen/Voyager) 877-845-8750 for help.

I am moving this from ATF area also.

Jim M

bozo

Wayno, Many people have ask this question in the past including me. There is a thread on here somewhere that tells you away to program it so it wont start playing. I put a cut off switch on my battery and now I just cut it off when the trailer is not in use or in storage. This keeps the radio from comming on and also keeps everthing else from running the battery down as well. You can get them at Camping World or Marine store and is a very simple install. Hope this helps. Happy Camping!!!!!!!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wayno, here is some info that I copied from another post relating to your problem.............

Actually very easy to turn off the alarm! The user guide is pretty lame, but a couple of minutes with the remote in hand and waalaa, alarm turned off. I had inadvertantly turned it on when trying to set a wake up alarm. Turn the radio on and put on the noaa channel, press the alarm button on the remote and watch the display (there is a little speaker/horn icon). Once to turn on and once to turn off.

Peace
Dave

Wayno, here is some info that I copied from another post relating to your problem.............

Actually very easy to turn off the alarm! The user guide is pretty lame, but a couple of minutes with the remote in hand and waalaa, alarm turned off. I had inadvertantly turned it on when trying to set a wake up alarm. Turn the radio on and put on the noaa channel, press the alarm button on the remote and watch the display (there is a little speaker/horn icon). Once to turn on and once to turn off.

Peace
Dave

I could never get the alert turned off and the dealer told me there is no way. He installs toggle switches for about $80. I installed my own toggle for $4.00 and 20 minutes time. Works great.

jpeghiny

We had the same problem with our 21FBS. The weather alert came on in the middle of the night and it was really loud!
I installed a toggle switch to the radio which solved two problems. 1) The automatic weather alert, and 2) the radio is now dark so we can sleep.
It took me about 60 minutes and a $5 switch.
Jamie