Ford Super Duty capacity updated

letourno

Quebec Chapter Leader-retired
ford2011v2 towing specs.JPGThe most recent Ford Super Duty brochure posted on their web site( http://assets.forddirect.fordvehicle...C8EFF705C8.pdf ) shows not only the job2 improved diesel output but more importantly increased payloads for most configurations.

When I ordered my F350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW the GVWR was set at 11200 and the payload at 3740. The specs ar now set at a GVWR of 11400 and a Payload of 4350. No change in towing capacity but the increased payload will make it easier to support the genset...

porthole

Retired
When I ordered our truck the spec was 13,000. It came in as 13,300.
Ordered 10/20/10
Delivered 12/13/10

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Incase your intrested, here is the towing guide for Ford.
Check out the 2006 F250 6.0 3.73 4x4 Crew Cab towing compaired to the newer models..

BC

lwmcguir

View attachment 11388The most recent Ford Super Duty brochure posted on their web site( http://assets.forddirect.fordvehicle...C8EFF705C8.pdf ) shows not only the job2 improved diesel output but more importantly increased payloads for most configurations.

When I ordered my F350 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW the GVWR was set at 11200 and the payload at 3740. The specs ar now set at a GVWR of 11400 and a Payload of 4350. No change in towing capacity but the increased payload will make it easier to support the genset...

Our LWB F350 came with 11500 GVWR and I will have to look at the plate to see what the payload is. It definitely is the best truck we have ever owned. We have the 20 inch tires and wheels.

funntheson

Can anybody confirm that these changes apply to all 2011 Superduty trucks. That they just revised the ratings versus actually making physical changes to the latest batch of trucks?

My rear axle is rated at 6290, but the new info rates the rear axle at 7280. If that info applies to my vehicle, I could sleep better at night.

bdb2047

Not sure if this answrs your question.My understanding is job 2 trucks had a change in frame member to be able to increase rating.Increased weight ratings do not affect earlier trucks.Early trucks can get program change for HP & torque increase.Check FTE fourm lot of info there.Side note I had reprogaming done and now getting less MPG when not towing.

lwmcguir

Can anybody confirm that these changes apply to all 2011 Superduty trucks. That they just revised the ratings versus actually making physical changes to the latest batch of trucks?

My rear axle is rated at 6290, but the new info rates the rear axle at 7280. If that info applies to my vehicle, I could sleep better at night.

Legally you would have to have a new sticker on the door post to change any rating. You have plenty of room/capacity rating for any of the Heartland products with normal cargo loading.

porthole

Retired
Job 2 August 16, 2010 had a frame change, but I think it only applies to DRWs.

Different steel in the frame, towing upped to 22600 form 20300 (regular cab)

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Truck ratings may go up but do not overlook the truck tire load ratings ratings................Read the numbers on the tire.

jnbhobe

Truck ratings may go up but do not overlook the truck tire load ratings ratings................Read the numbers on the tire.

I can guarentee you if the ratings went up the factory tires will be rated right !!