Bighorn - access to water pump area

Pecosbill

I recently had a leak in the coupling to the water hose near the water pump on my maiden voyage of my 2011 Big Horn. The only way I could get to it was to take out the screws on the side of the basement opposite the water pump. Then push the plywood out a bit and crawl into the space. I did not see a way to access it from the driver side of the trailer. Is there another way with out breaking the screws out of the plywood when the side is pushed out of the way to get into the area. The screws are covered with carpet where the two pieces of plywood meet in the middle of the basement.
Thanks,
Bill

2010augusta

Re: ATF: Bighorn - access to water pump area

The screws on the Off-door side are accessible from inside the UDC area.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

You might consider modifying the basement wall panels. There have been a couple of different mods presented on the forums, this is my version. All I have to do is rotate the four retainer strips to remove a panel for quick access the rear basement area. With these, most of the plumbing fittings, the converter and surge suppressor back there are accessible without removing the main panels or emptying the entire basement.

View attachment 11389

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)

I like the mod to give access to plumbing department. Will try that.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Another thing that some of us have done to access the plumbing area is to install two hinges on each side of the bulkhead, knock out the pins and install a hairpin cotter. Then remove the screws that hold the panel in place. Next time you want to get back there just pull four pins and your in.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• Bulkhead Hinge.jpg
    Bulkhead Hinge.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 124

Hoosier Wolverine

Another thing that some of us have done to access the plumbing area is to install two hinges on each side of the bulkhead, knock out the pins and install a hairpin cotter. Then remove the screws that hold the panel in place. Next time you want to get back there just pull four pins and your in.

Peace
Dave

Great idea Dave. Why didn't I think of that. I installed some velcro, but now that I've seen the pic of what you did, I'm taking off the velcro and going with the hinges. Thanks

jimtoo

Since the factory is closed till after the 1st and the question has been answered, I moved the thread to the plumbing area.

Jim M