RGV campgrounds

k-f-Indiana

I bet you all have answered this question many times, but I have been unable to find any answers on the search. I have also looked at Trailer Life and Passport America directories, as well as online sites, such as RV Park Reviews & others, but have not been able to find anyplace that narrows down my search to my criteria.

I am talking about campgrounds in the RGV. We're looking for no-frills (don't need a pool, spa, planned activities, etc) at a reasonable price, not cheapo, not an RV parking lot. We prefer decently spaced sites, a little grass, a few trees, picnic table, FHU, 50 amp, near restaurants & shopping. I realize we will have to try some places until we find what we want, but we are not familiar with the towns or the area, so we don't know where to start or the pros or cons of any particular place. We just want warm weather (I know that's not predictable) and some sightseeing.

Any tips or suggestions? If there was an icon for "pulling my hair out", I would use it.

By the way, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all!

Paul & Nan

Check Oleander Acres, our second year here, very reasonable, more of an old fashioned campground. No frills at all. Not all that far from anything. Quiet. They do have a web site. any questions PM us. Nan

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We'll be at Mission West in January. It's pretty nice with some activities and not a lot of frills. Friendly people there and helpful staff.

k-f-Indiana

Thanks to all of you. We're now at Oleander Acres and liking it, love the weather. Have already met Paul and Nan, and got alot of valuable info from them. May try Mission West another time. Thanks to you folks I still have hair! Ha, ha