2010 Cyclone Prepped for Winter

Cyclone Traveler

We do a significant amount of camping during the winter months and this year we are headed cross country again for the holidays. On our last trip we ran into problems with lines freezing at around 6 degree fahrenheit. Based on lessons learned from previous trips I decided to invest in UltraHeat holding tank heaters for the freshwater tank and lines. Install a second 12 group 31 battery. And since we had the belly off it was also time to improve the bracings and section the belly so it does not sag and catch water. I also got tired of constantly repairing the caulking between the roof and the front cap so I install Eternabond for a permanent solution.

I have added an additional pic show the heaters at a better angle.

Attachments

• 3210 Freshwater Heated Lines.jpg
    3210 Freshwater Heated Lines.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 3210 Freshwater Heater Panel.jpg
    3210 Freshwater Heater Panel.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 3210 Freshwater Heater.jpg
    3210 Freshwater Heater.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 3210 Winter 2010 Heater Side_.jpg
    3210 Winter 2010 Heater Side_.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Riverman

Wouldn't the tank heaters be much more effective installed directly on the watertank as opposed to the OSB?

Cyclone Traveler

Yes, the heaters must be installed directly to the tank. I cut the OSB board leaving about 2 inches of exposed tank around the heaters.

smday

Yes, the heaters must be installed directly to the tank. I cut the OSB board leaving about 2 inches of exposed tank around the heaters.

In my opinion you should add some cross bracing under the osb. When filled with water they sag alot and if you cut them up a bit u now started to loose some of their strength. And if your driving and hit a good bump it could snap the board and you'll be seeing your tanks in your rear view mirrors. Plus I wouldn't even want to think about the damage it would be under the trailer after it bounced around underneath. When I had my underbelly open I filled the tanks to see how much the osb bent and it's a lot. So I installed 3 cross members under each tank and now there is no sagging.

Vtxkid

I'm impressed that the RV lasted down to around 6 degree fahrenheit without any additional protection as it was...

Cyclone Traveler

smday - Yes, we had that same problem several years ago and I had already modified the braces from those originally shipped from factory when the full tank ripped the "screws" out and broke several welds. I rebuilt the braces with thicker steel and grade A bolts. Also, the 3210 only have a 75 gallon freshwater tank :(. Before we closed the belly we filled the tank several times and had no bowing issues. This trip we have traveled 2200 miles so far and all is holding well.

Vtxkid - so was I, but we did have the heater running! We have changed several things after learning were the Cyclone lets cold air in on that trip.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays