Furnace Exhaust ?

Buford445

I have my BH3055RL set up at the house getting it ready for my first trip with it and have the Furnace running, I walked by the Exhaust of the furnace and it was blowing some pretty HOT air out, IS This normal, it seems to be wasting a lot of warm air to the out side

jnbhobe

Its completely normal ! The combustion chamber on all furnaces are sealed units, that way all exhaust fumes are vented outside the unit.

SmokeyBare

Just like the flu gases coming from any gas burning appliance... the flu gas is hot coming from the burner. Only real reason we know how hot the flu gas is... it's discharging from a place we can reach, unlike the flu of a furnace in a house. It's normal... But the product of burning gas is Carbon Monoxide and can kill you if breathed in any quantities.

grizzlygiant

The furnaces used in our RVs are VERY inefficient.......probably about 60% if well tuned up. Too bad that a high effenciency furnace (95%) such as we have in our houses is not available.

A reduction in blower noise would also be nice!

Willym

The furnaces used in our RVs are VERY inefficient.......probably about 60% if well tuned up. Too bad that a high effenciency furnace (95%) such as we have in our houses is not available.

A reduction in blower noise would also be nice!

Agree, our home furnace uses ABS piping for it's exhaust. They quite a bit more complicated than the old Surburbans we have though.