TV Cable mess

herefishy

Just wondered if anybody has the kind of arrangement that we do, and did the factory accommodate it OK? We have two dishes and also get over the air antenna and occasionally cable in a campground, which we want to get in the BR as well as LR. Basically, we need a cable that runs from the entertainment center to the BR and two TV hookups on the outside going to the Ent. Center, and three would be better to accommodate the 2 cable dish. Anybody got such an arrangement?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what year model you have, but I have had simillar needs. In my 08 Bighorn it had two cables runing to the entertainment center. One was good for satellite and was marked as such. The other one I had to locate where it went to behind the bulkhead. Then I had to splice into it and run it to the UDC. There is where I hooked in the dish.
On my 2011 model I had to run a cable from the UDC to the entertainment center. That made for two cables from the dish.
For the bedroom on both rigs I had to find the cable in the basement that ran to the bedroom satellite output and cut it. I the added a connecter and barrel connecter to splice in an extended piece to get to the UDC.
It seems that there is a splitter somewhere that interferes with the satellite signal. That splitter has to be bypassed.
For the cable and over the air signals I use what is provided.
I hope all that made sense.

Peace
Dave

herefishy

It did make sense, and I thank you. We will search around and use it a while before we start running new cables thither and yon.