SNOW --- Over 9 inches and still falling in south east NC

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Over 9" so far in less than 24 hours and it's still coming down at my place in Autryville, NC. Power has been out for a couple hrs now but we are warm by the wood stove. Have some ham and beans cooking on the stove right now. Yummy.

Stay safe.

Here's my dually which is sitting in an open area. Measurements throughout the 1-1/2 acre property are about the same, some deeper.
IMG00618-20101226-0917.jpg IMG00624-20101226-1120.jpg

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Those ham and beans sound really good.You got enough for me and the little lady?Need to check and see how long it would take us to drive from Taylorsville,NC to Autryville. We have around 8 inches on the deck and nearly that on the ground.Let us know when the ham is ready.

pmmjarrett

Sure, come on over, plenty to eat and if it ain't enough I'll make more. It's only 200 miles but I'll keep it warm fer ya. Ham & beans are ready and the wood stove has the house a toasty 77*F

Power just came on again, we'll see how long it lasts this time.

GOTTOYS

9"...Big Deal...That's just a teaser for places that really get some snow....I bet it's a real mess if it's not what you're used to. This has been the worst Winter I can remember. I'm already tired of it and it's only a couple days old....Don

pmmjarrett

9"...Big Deal...That's just a teaser for places that really get some snow....I bet it's a real mess if it's not what you're used to. This has been the worst Winter I can remember. I'm already tired of it and it's only a couple days old....Don
Been there, done that and ain't coming back to it.

This has been a cold winter this year. Have already gone through over a full cord of oak since Thanksgiving LOL. I'm ready for some Gorebull warming.

This far south it's huge. Complete lack of plows, we just get snow one day and let it melt the next day. Never seen more than a couple inches down here in 11 years I've been here. Usually get freezing rain or a dusting of snow once a year, usually in January. Biggest problem around here is tree limbs falling on power lines as this is heavy snow that is sticking to everthing, especially the pine trees.

I have over 50 pine trees, a huge oak and a couple maple trees and there are a lot of small limbs down on my property.... Oh well, more fodder for the wood stove.... These small limbs are great for getting the stove started again quickly if it goes out overnight when I'm sleepeing.

bozo

Sorry fellers we tried to get what we could out of that cloud down here in the North GA mountians before it got to you but all we could get squeezed out was about 6-7 in but its still snowing here now. Its been snowing here since 8:00 yesterday morning and cabin fever is setting in now. Freinds up north that I do business with laugh at us here in the south because it shuts us down when we get a little snow. I thought about those what we call flat landers if you add about a 45 degree angle to the road your car becomes a very expensive sled. I guess thats why I have 2 4X4s sitting in the yard no I don't have a Gun rack and Rebel flag in the rear window or winder lol. Hey the wife just got a 7lb smoked ham out of the oven its hard setting here and suffering like this smelling that ham but I know how to fix that I think I'll got eat. Good Luck and Stay Safe!!!!!!!!!!!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Sure, come on over, plenty to eat and if it ain't enough I'll make more. It's only 200 miles but I'll keep it warm fer ya. Ham & beans are ready and the wood stove has the house a toasty 77*F

Power just came on again, we'll see how long it lasts this time.
Yep we can be there in a few hours.Keep it warm for us. We heat with wood also.Lots warmer than the heatpump.

pmmjarrett

Yep we can be there in a few hours.Keep it warm for us. We heat with wood also.Lots warmer than the heatpump.

Roads are just wet around us right now. still snowing. Roads will prolly get slick tonight when the temp drops into the 20s. Looking at 10 day forcast (zip 28318)... Should start a warming trend tomorrow. 38 tomorrow and be sunny and 64 on the 1st. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!:D

Wood's a lot cheaper than the heatpump too. We have a gas pack but havn't even bought propane for it in 5 years. In fact the propane distributor picked up the tank and capped the line 2 years ago because we didn't buy any propane for 3 years.

pmmjarrett

Sorry fellers we tried to get what we could out of that cloud down here in the North GA mountians before it got to you but all we could get squeezed out was about 6-7 in but its still snowing here now. Its been snowing here since 8:00 yesterday morning and cabin fever is setting in now. Freinds up north that I do business with laugh at us here in the south because it shuts us down when we get a little snow. I thought about those what we call flat landers if you add about a 45 degree angle to the road your car becomes a very expensive sled. I guess thats why I have 2 4X4s sitting in the yard no I don't have a Gun rack and Rebel flag in the rear window or winder lol. Hey the wife just got a 7lb smoked ham out of the oven its hard setting here and suffering like this smelling that ham but I know how to fix that I think I'll got eat. Good Luck and Stay Safe!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time let bubba squeeze it. He does a pretty good job sqeezin' corn;):angel:

Mmmmmm Good groceries. Mamma's whippin up some Waffles, Bacon and Biscuits now. She's killing me.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
East Tenn. got anywhere from 3-8 inches. Here at the house we have about 5 inches but the snow has stopped for now and the roads are clear. Worried about my son who was driving back home to Richmond today but feel sure the interstates will be pretty clear.

davebennington

Nine inches!!!!,

Try 2 feet and still snowing here in downtown Davis,WV. I would like to get home before next July.

Dave and Julie

jpajax

Sitting in Memphis heading home to NC tomorrow. Hope roads are clear, live half way between Asheville and Hickory.

BruteForce

I understand you folks in the South/East part of the US don't get much snow, but it's funny to see the media making a stink out of that little bit of snow you're getting. We've had 1-4' in the valley on/off for the past few weeks. It will snow 16 inches, then rain atop it, melt and start over.

In the mountains (where we have to drive and/or haul our 5th wheel), we get upwards of 4' per snow fall. We have 8+ feet of snow on the ground and climbing.

Do take care, drive safe and be glad you have a disaster recovery home to fall back on if the power goes out.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Don't know what to do. It is 28* here and the frost is all over the windshield so I can't see to back out of the driveway. Have to scrape the windows to go have breakfast with the daughter.

It is so cold we have to wear gloves when we walk Trevor. They say it will only get up to 50* today but might make it to 69* on Thursday. Weather says it will rain on Tuesday and Wednesday.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USTX0861

I just don't understand why all you guys have a problem with all the white ice cream you keep spreading on the ground. Love the snow ice cream.

BC

Hee Hee Hee :cool:

Dave49

I'm from MI. but I am one of the lucky ones. Now retired and living in my Bighorn. At present we are in Gulf Shores AL. and have been for the last 2 months. Today its actually cold down here, 24 this morning when I got up. BUT "NO SNOW" yessssssssss. After 42 yrs. working on the railroad outside this is a heat wave for this time of year. But by Thurs. its suppose to be in the 70's. So I guess its a good day day to turn on the DVD player and just relax as tomorrow it will start the warm up. :)

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It was 29 in Spring this morning and lots of frost on the ground but no snow... We had a short time with no water because the water line froze up, but it soon thawed and all is well now. As Bobcat said, by Thursday it will be in the upper 60's or 70's.

PSF513

Here in Chesapeake, VA we had 14" of snow. I drove from Ocean City, MD yesterday in the storm and only had minimal problems until I turned into our driveway and got the truck stuck.:p

There is an upside to it all. My DW, who has never wanted 4 whel drive, told me twice yesterday and once today that we need to go out and buy one. Problem is, my 2008 is paid for and I really have no desire for payments again.:confused: