Installing Flat Screen TV

larkinstuart

WE bought a new TV 32" Flat Screen that we want to install where the previous TV was ( above the desk). We want to us a wall mount, which will enalbe us to view the TV from the dinning table. Need some suggestions on the proper way to do this. Do we mount it on the left side which is the slide wall or the right where the cabinet is that houses the stereo equiptment.

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Bighorn - Installing Flat Screen TV

Hi larkinstuart,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am sure you will need to mount the wall mount to the right side (interior) wall. You will also need to use a backer board I'm sure to support the weight and have a good place for the bolts to go into.
Hopefully someone that has done this will jump in and let us know for sure.

I am moving the thread out of ATF area as plant is closed till after the 1st. It looks like you have an 06,, 3055RL listed in your profile.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

larkinstuart, I'm pretty sure with the 2006 model 3055RL, you will need to mount the TV to the base (floor) of the cabinet. Both the side walls don't have the support you need for a wall mount. You should have several options for mounting to the floor of the cabinet. The attached pictures are of the brackets I used to mount a 32" in our 3400RL. Different rig but I think the TV area is very similar. It's a semi-permanent mount and doesn't need to be secured before traveling. The access door on the side of the TV cabinet is something I did on my own, not a normal "door".

Attachments

• Bolts thru base.JPG
    Bolts thru base.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Menards Brackets.JPG
    Menards Brackets.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 110_1209-IMGP0194_IMGP0194.JPG
    110_1209-IMGP0194_IMGP0194.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 32in. LCD Nice Fit.JPG
    32in. LCD Nice Fit.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 73

larkinstuart

Thanks for the information. I put extra boards on the cabinet that houses the DVD player and it works fine. I don't like the wall mount that I bought at Costco. The TV has too much side, to side play. Will look into a wall mount with a locking system. I see the internet TVforRv has alot of options.