looking at Toyhaulers

sloans4x4

I am looking at Toyhauler 5th wheels, In fact I am working on building a KZ Inferno 3410T. But I love the Heartland brand and the dealer we have 30 miles away, but they (Heartland) have nothing that compares to the Inferno. I know you all will say the Cyclone, but the floor plan of the Cyclone isn't anything close to the Inferno floorplan. My question is: Can/Will Heartland modify their floorplan to what I want? I don't want a huge triple axle trailer!!! I want a tandem axle 14-15k 5th wheel, with bunks in the toyhauler, a loft above, and a full master bath-NOT a split bath!!! I dont like the shower out in the open in the BR. maybe just venting a little, but Also I know you guys are FULL of info here. As well as I think I've seen Factory Reps visit and post here.

Shane

jbeletti

Hi Shane,

Thank you for recognizing Heartland as a manufacturer that really gets involved at the retail level and engages customers and prospects. True also - this forum is a wealth of information for owners and prospects alike. While Heartland does not make custom one-off floor plans, at times, we can accommodate some tweaks.

I'd like to invite you to have a phone chat with the Cyclone team the week of Jan 3rd. Please consider calling 574-262-5992 and ask for the Heartland rep for your area. If they are all out, ask for Mike Aplin. Mike knows Cyclone VERY WELL and loves to talk to prospective owners about the product.

Best of luck to you if you continue with and accept the Inferno being built for you. Perhaps what you learn directly from Heartland can sway you our way.

gpshemi

Heartland has standard floorplans like most manufactures. What you're looking for is a full custom trailer where you spec you own. That's not Heartland.

porthole

Retired
Before I bought our Cyclone I went to Indiana and did factory tours of the big 4, Heartland, Sunnybrook, KZ and Keystone. Went to a variety of dealers out there to check on a few other brands.
Of the 4 Sunnybrook did not offer a 2 axle trailer. Like you I did not want a triple.

For me overall fit and finish, options and floor plan got me the Cyclone. We have the 3010. Only thing it doesn't have is a loft. Does have 2 queen bunks in the garage, and a one piece enclosed bath.
The 3010 is a 14K GVW trailer. I think you would be hard pressed to keep it at that with a loft without giving up something else.

Take a look at the 3010 if you are considering a 2 axle.

sloans4x4

Porthole, do you have pics of your trailer? I thought the 3010 had a shower and sink in the BR and a seperate comode room?? The loft isnt a deal breaker for sure, especially with 2 queens in the garage. but would be nice as i have a 15yr old boy, and then 2 girls-10 and 12. and my boy is 6' 175lbs, so the little bunks don't cut it for him!!! lol And maybe it's just me, b ut I don't like Heartlands NEW website. Hard to navigate

Shane

porthole

Retired
Just looked at the 3410T. Seems to be similar to the Cyclone 3010. I don't know if that is the exact model I looked at when I was in Indiana but what I didn't like was the small enclosed feeling I got when sitting in the main room.
On our 3010 I optioned for the 6' Glass sliding door between the garage and main living area. With the a semi finished garage the patio door makes the trailer "feel" almost twice as big.

Key features I was looking for when I searched.

• Private bath, that narrows your models quickly. In fact with the dozens of brochures I downloaded I had two folders on my computer, private bath and non private.
  • Ability to get through the trailer with all the slides in. I can move anywhere in the trailer and access the fridge with the slides retracted.
  • 2 axles

porthole

Retired
Porthole, do you have pics of your trailer? I thought the 3010 had a shower and sink in the BR and a seperate comode room?? The loft isnt a deal breaker for sure, especially with 2 queens in the garage. but would be nice as i have a 15yr old boy, and then 2 girls-10 and 12. and my boy is 6' 175lbs, so the little bunks don't cut it for him!!! lol And maybe it's just me, b ut I don't like Heartlands NEW website. Hard to navigate

Shane

What do you want pictures of?

Website, not just you, I don't like it either. But corporations tend to try and refresh their "looks"

Attachments

• 2010 Cyclone 3010_01.jpg
    2010 Cyclone 3010_01.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 55

Mike Aplin

Thank you for submitting your questions to us here on the forum. If you would like to discuss in detail I would be more than happy to discuss with you. Take care, Mike

Vtxkid

I to have the 2011 3010HD. But instead of the two queen beds in the garage, I have the two bench seats that turn into two twin beds, and still have one queen bed above the twins. Nice setup and another option based on your needs. Like you and Porthole, two axles were a must for me to!