Sliding Doors in the Bedroom Closet

Buford445

There have Been 3 of the Plastic door holders broke the hole the sliding doors for the closet. What are you using for replacement to hold them :confused: or will they stay in place when being in transit :confused:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you are talking about the clear plastic catches on the door jamb to hold the doors in place, here are a couple of ideas.
Some people have used Velcro on the door and the jamb. Or you can call Heartland parts department after the holidays and order a newer design set. If you have the originals in your 2006, they have since been changed. It is important that when you install them that they are aligned with the door.
The doors will not stay in place in transit.

Peace
Dave

grizzlygiant

The "new" ones are the way to go. I replaced the clear plastic ones on my BH much to the delight of my wife.

LarryD

When the clear plastic ones broke, I purchased the "better" black plastic design, which broke during installation. Did a search for other options and didn't like the velcro idea or anything else. So, I designed and built my own latch that is magnetic. It sticks out only 3/8" when not in use, yet automatically latches when it is time to hit the road. Here is a link to another forum that includes a video http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/new-mirrored-door-latches-70677.html

LarryD

I like that, Did you drill the Magnetic for the pop rivets ?
Too difficult to drill a magnet, so on those 1st ones, I used two pop rivets on either side of the magnet. I have changed the design by using magnets that are used for magnetic name badges, they have two round magnets glued to a thin metal plate. Very ez to drill a single hole thru the center of the plate and then a single pop rivet to mount it on the hinge.

SmokeyBare

Magnetic Tape attached to the wood frame where the metal door frame comes together, might do the trick as well.
Can be found in most home building centers.

LarryD

Magnetic Tape attached to the wood frame where the metal door frame comes together, might do the trick as well.
Can be found in most home building centers.

I agree it would probably work, until it suddenly didn't work one day. Magnetic tape has very little magnetic power compared to a real magnet. I've had those magnetic frig. signs fall off the door by just letting the frig. door close normally. The other problem with velcro or magnetic tape is it grabs the door everytime it is closed and requires effort to "unlock" the door again. Velcro looses its effectiveness over time and if either side of the velcro is held in place only with adhesive, it can and will fail, especially in hot weather.