Question for TST 507 RV owners

Vtxkid

I just received my new TST 507RV kit today... Ordered it online for free shipping and 2 year warrenty for the month of December. I opened it up and noticed that the Suction Cup was not part of the order. When I ordered it, the TST web page said the 507 kit comes with this SC, but in the set-up manual that came in the kit stated that the SC is "optional". So my question is, did yours originally come with the suction cup? :confused: I just tried to call them and they are already closed for today. :(

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I did not get a suction cup mount with the 507. I use the "tray" mount. I like it because it doesn't take up much room and I don't have to store the SC mount some where. I already have a SC mount for the GPS so the dash is a bit crowded already.
I just visited the TST site and can't find the kit you mentioned. Maybe they have a different site that you placed your order from. The one I'm viewing is HERE

On edit, I went to the Shiny RV website and they do say it comes with the SC Mount. I'd be calling or e-mailing them to get your mount.

Last edited:

PUG

Pug
I ordered and installed a 507 system about 3 weeks ago and it came with a suction cup mount. I tried it but like most SCs it blocks vision some so I am not using it. What I did do was use the base mount with velcro attached to the far left of the dash by the pillar. I hard wired it and hid wires down along the side of the dash up under. It is visually right where I wanted it and doesn't impair vision.

Vtxkid

Thanks for the info Ray & Pug. I called them today and they told me they are out of the SC's and hope they will be in by next Monday at which time they will ship it out to me... I might also not use it, but it was an option that was suppose to come with the order so I WANT IT... ;)