Dish Network Mobile - New for RVers

DW_Gray

As some of you may have read, I, as well as others, have been frustrated and angered at Dish Network because they have not been friendly to RVers.

I discovered a new program that may be worth considering. Pace International, a national authorized distributor for DISH Network LLC, has introduced a new “pay-as-you-go” satellite program designed specifically for the RV market. According to their website, this new program debuted September 2, 2010.

Here is the link to Pace's Dish Network Mobile introductory page.

Here is the direct link for information and ordering: DISH For My RV

If anyone has this or purchases this for the RV, please report back with your experience.

Note: The Dish Network VIP 211k HD Satellite Receiver can be purchased at Amazon.com for $115.00 vs $149.00 at DishForMyRV.com. Shop around and you may find a better price.

Last edited:

Rickhansen

DW,
Thanks for sharing this info. We've been a DirecTV subscriber for a few years, but cancelled our service last August, as their prices have gotten too high and we have free cable in the park we are in (KOA - New Bern, NC). This certainly appears to be a friendlier, lower-cost option to DirecTV. The flexibility to stop/start, HD Channels, etc. is a nice benefit.

I can't offer any insight, but certainly have bookmarked the website for future reference.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Recently, I have becomve very disappointed with Direct TV. On their website, in the upper RH corner, there is a tab titled "Travelers". This section of their website leads you to believe there is a package available for RVers. When I first found this section, there was a price listed for 185 channels. The price has since been removed, why I don't know. We've only been with DTV for a bit more than a year and are now paying full price for our choice extra package. Add ons are a warranty for the equipment and DVR service. My monthly is $82. I get local channels and call for a change when we move and stay for any length of time. Otherwise I just use the roof for locals.

So I called for more information about this travelers package. The first person I talked with knew nothing about it. She spoke with her Sup. and said we need a special receiver and rooftop dish. I mentioned what we had been doing for the last year with our tri-pod and DVR and she said, " Oh you can't do that, it's against the law" Several minutes later my locals disappeared from my screen. I asked what happened. She said I can't get locals in an RV unless I do the special form so she pulled them from my package. After an hour on the phone with this woman, I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere. I hung up, called back and got a different person. After a total of 90 minutes on the phone, I got my locals back and all is back to normal. I just wish all the service reps were on the same page.

I may look into Dish and drop DTV, pay the penalty and be done with them. Nothing definite but it is getting to be a PITA with the local channels situation. Dang FCC.

mlburst1

Dave,

We subscribed to this service back in September.

I purchased both the VIP 211k and a Wineguard GM-MP1 online for a lot less than Pace charges.

After Pace activates the account, unfortunately, you become a direct Dish Network customer.

After our initial month of service, I attempted to let the service lapse until we needed it again but Dish "customer service" insisted that I agreed to a 2 year contract when I subscribed.

After multiple calls to Pace and Dish Network, our account was changed back to "pay as you go" service.

We currently are on our way to Arcadia, Florida for the winter and I went online before we left to activate the service. Now our account is locked and has a phone number to call and activate the service.

I just wasn't in the mood to talk to a bunch of morons so I'll wait until we arrive in Arcadia before I make the call.

Mike