King Bed

Barry & Alana

None Hi, we have 2007 - 3055 model. WE love it. I;m just wondering why a smaller bed was not installed, rather than llifting it for travel use. We had stronger hydraulics put in, because the factory ones could not hold it for travelling time. Do you have a king bed in a shorter length. Its really only a couple of inches too long.

DennisZ

I also have a 3055, and I saw a post a few weeks back about the bed crunching up against the bathroom cabinet, and the solution was to leave the LH doo r in the open position, and this works great, no more crunched mattress.:)

BluegrassMan

Hey Dennis & Duramaxdelight:

There is a new one I haven't heard, someone complaining that a RV bed is too big! Just kidding actually, back when Queens were standard everyone wanted Kings. The kings are longer than queens. I have heard complaints that the kings weren't as big as the residential ones, which they aren't. But for a RV I think they are OK. Heck I had to order our king as an option in 05'. Our's isn't in the way of anything that I can think of, so far our struts hold the bed up fine, might have just got lucky. Keep the faith!

5erWonk

Can you clarify, do you manually raise the bed before closing the slide or does it raise automatically....I looked at the Jayco Designer and did not like their bed arrangement for this reason

Is this the case on the '08 3055?

BluegrassMan

Hi 5erWonk:

The only time that we lift the bed is to get in there. We leave it down to close the slide. It comes in close to the drawers but doesn't touch. Maybe your floor plan is different, don't know.

svd

We have a king, but the corners of the mattress are at a diagonal, so no problem, the bed stays down when the slide is closed. We have the door side vanity at the foot of the bed (not the newer floorplan with the vanity next to the shower).

phranc

On the newer floor plans do what Dennis said and leave the cabnet door open at the foot of the bed so the corner of the bed will have more room..

Barry & Alana

I will try leaving the door open. The mattress has rubbed the vanity , I'm guessing when they transported it from factory. The dealer informed us at inspection time to leave it up. I'm .really concerned about the slide moving out due to pressure against it when travelling. I'm used to leaving it up now, but I don't like it.None

BluegrassMan

Hi Guy's:
I checked, our mattress is square on the corners, with our floor plan (the OLD one), we have our linen closet next to our bed. It's part of the slideout. It is a larger slide out than normal.

nhunter

We keep the kitty litter box under the bathroom sink for lack of a better place. Darling wife left the forward door open and retracted the slides.:eek: Good thing those doors have lots of flex.