Docking Center: Black Water Tank Flush not working

fawwood

2009 Cyclone 3612: Is there a check valve in the Black Water Flush hose running from the Docking Center to the Black Water tank?
My Black Water flush hose is blocked so I am assuming that the check valve was installed in the line backwards or there is a kink in the hose?

Please advise
Thanks
Fred Wood

caissiel

There might be an antisyphone/check valve in the system. My friend has an SOB trailer and his valve was situated under a cabinet and it was leaking.

SmokeyBare

There is a check valve in line to prevent any back flush of fluids from Black Tanks to Domestic Drinking water connections. I'd bet if its never worked... that valve is put in backwards.

Hoosier Wolverine

I have a BigHorn, so I'm uncertain about your Cyclone, but the one in my BH was installed backward. Somewhere on the forum is some information on this subject.

Bighurt

I thought mine wasn't working because when I had the black tank valve open and the flush on no water came out. Turns out the valves where labeled wrong. And to be honest you can't really hear the nozzles spraying.

flameon

we had the same problem with our 08 3795 cyclone, found that the check valve was defective. bought a new one and replaced it myself, lot cheaper than taking it to an rv shop.

fawwood

Hi flameon,

Can you advise the location of the check valve you replaced?
Is it in the water line near the Docking Center hook up?
tks
faw

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Fred, your check valve is more than likely in a wall up behind the shower enclosure. You may be able to access in through the round disc below the shower fixture. The valve, by code, needs to be located higher than the other fixtures in the RV. You may have to get into the plumbing area behind the basement wall and Pull the pex lines down and get er done that way.

flameon

fred it's the fixture that is screwed onto the docking centre face plate. it's a one way spring loaded valve.