Filter for furnace

dol2070

I have a Bighorn 3670RL, 2009 model, and have tried to find a place to change or install an air filter for the furnace. Can't find anything online or in the manual. Maybe there isn't such a thing? Any help would be appreciated!

2010augusta

No filter, just have to have the furnace serviced if you are concerned about dust build up in the unit.

caissiel

I placed a screen behind the return air grill of our trailer. IT did stop the flies to get in the furnace area and stops any dust or other debri to get in the furnace are for our Unit.

lwmcguir

We use the type filter material you see sometimes on computer fans or some electric heaters. With Velcro attachments we just fasten it on the grill. You can see when it gets lint on it and then we just pull it off, rinse it, and stick it back on. Seems to catch quite a bit of dust/lint when the weather is warm.

MC9

I just measured the cold air return and bought a workable filter from HD and wedged it in. Reduces the furnace noise a few DB's.

jimtoo

Please check your owners manuals or call the furnace company. I am pretty sure I remember something about not restricting the intake airflow to the furnace, as it could cause it to overheat.

Jim M

Bighurt

Please check your owners manuals or call the furnace company. I am pretty sure I remember something about not restricting the intake airflow to the furnace, as it could cause it to overheat.

Jim M

With that in Mind I've always found laundry sheets under the floor vents filter enough dust and help with odor.