How much CCC did your 3055 end up with?

dennylm

We are on the verge of ordering a 2008 3055 and are confident in all areas except weight. I’ve looked at several other models on dealers’ lots, but haven’t been able to actually see the “cabinet sticker” for a 3055. The UVW on the stickers of all of the BH’s I’ve been in seem to be around 900-1000# more than the advertised “Dry Weight” as shown in the brochure and with the options we want, I’m worried about not having enough CCC remaining to use the trailer without overloading it. It’s frustrating that no manufacturer can tell you how much a trailer will weigh with a particular set of options. It seems you have to just place the order and hope your remaining CCC is adequate? :(

We’re thinking of ordering ours with the following options:

Aluminum rims
Gelcoat
Electric rear jacks
10 c/f refrigerator
Counter-top extension
26” TV (mandatory option)
19” TV in bedroom
Central vacuum
Electric fireplace
Second a/c in bedroom
Dual pane windows
Slide-out awnings
Splendide washer/dryer combo

Do any of you 3055 owners have a similar or nearly similar set of options and if so, what did your CCC end up being? And have you actually weighed your unit to be sure the posted CCC is correct?

Thanks in advance for your help!! :)

nhunter

When we got our 3600RL it was actually lighter than advertised and than what the sticker said right off the lot by about 6-700lbs.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
we got an 07 in Stepember and here are some weights we found high gloss gel coat 215lbs,slide topper 10lbs each, electric rear jacks 15lbs dual pane windows 120lbs and fire place 20lbs, I hope this helps we saved a little with our LCD Tvs :)

dennylm

Ken and Kathy,

Thanks SO much! Would you mind sharing with me what your sticker says regarding UVW and CCC?

Denny

katkens

Denny, the UVW is 10,450 and the ccc is 2885 the GVWR is 14,000 We just love our 3055 and have had no big problems with it. Good luck I hope you find everything you need :)

dennylm

Ken and Kathy,

Thanks again! That CCC number helps put my mind to rest! I hope to join the group soon as a full owner/member!

Denny

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
katkens said:
we got an 07 in Stepember and here are some weights we found high gloss gel coat 215lbs,slide topper 10lbs each, electric rear jacks 15lbs dual pane windows 120lbs and fire place 20lbs, I hope this helps we saved a little with our LCD Tvs :)
Just curious where you found these weights. Our 3400 weighed about 1,100# over the label weight of 10,750. I pulled it from the dealer to the scales, tanks empty. Our only options were windows, front fantastic fan, wire & brace for bedroom air, euro chairs (which should've been lighter than recliners), aluminum wheels, no tv's, no slide awnings, no gel coat and no fireplace. I called Heartland and they couldn't explain why it weighed so much. We're full time and our totally loaded weight is around 13,300#. No water full LP. We were over GVW on our 2500HD by about 400#. Not bad but we opted to upgrade the truck to a 1 ton Chev. On the bright side, we love the Bighorn.

katkens

I can't tell you that now I think we found them on RV.net but I am not sure I wrote them down so we would have them this was back in June when we were looking.

jimtoo

For a little more info, my sticker is the same as katkens. I weighed my 3055 on the way home from the dealer after PDI. Empty, Empty, not even a cool one in the fridge.
No beddroom TV
No Vacuum
No fireplace
No washer-dryer
No slide out awnings

Yes to everything else, plus about 20 gal water in tank, gray and black tanks empty. Full of propane.
I added Trailair Pinbox about 180lbs.

Truck with trailer on weight-=10,450
minus weight of truck --7,990
gives pin weight of 2,460

trailer axles weight 9,990
gave empty weight of 12,450

By the time we get through loading, I will need to get a cylinder of helium and fill the inside of the coach with each time we tow.:D