Draft Coming in From Heater Intake Panel on 2800RL

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
On our 2011 Sundance 2800RL, during our Maiden Voyage, I notice that there is a cold draft coming in from the Heater's air intake panel under the TV. I took the panel off and also look at the same area from the inspection panel from the under belly and also when I open the Underbelly by the Docking station, I can see the air intake panel.

Has anyone else had this problem and was there a solution? I was wondering if anyone has discussed this with the factory?

JASMAR (Tom)

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Just got the trailer back from the Dealer, given the design of the trailer, they can not make any modification under warranty. I will write Heartland and discuss the fact that cold air comes into the trailer via the vent. Actually it is the cold air in the underbelly coming into the trailer. Probably because my vents are open and allow air out and therefore sucks the cold air from the unterbelley. For now my electric heater is right in front of it and heats the air up.

Last edited:

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Heartland has authorized modification to the 5ver to resolve this problem. The dealer has taken a look at the situation and Heartland has agreed to his modifications. I will bring the trailer back to the dealer as soon as we get back from our trip to Bodega Bay, Ca this week.

Will post hopefully pictures and discription of the modifications once they completed it.

It is