Edge 22 vs Gulfstream Visa 23

Both have lots of headroom, full fiberglass roof on the Visa, weights are close. No bunks in the 23 visa, Any thoughts?

GOTTOYS

I have seen only the Edge in person. I did look at both online. No comparison in my opinion. Edge is very classy and high tech looking compared to a flat paneled ordinary trailer with no styling, in fact that thing is butt ugly.. I don't know much about the Gulf Stream products. For as many years as they've been around you sure don't see many on the road. I know which dealer I would head for! The Edge has a great WOW! factor. Plus you would get the Great heartland customer service vs. who knows what....?? JMHO.. Don

camr

We looked long and hard at the Visa when we were purchasing our TT. Weight was a very big concern, and both are light. There were two things I could not get past regarding the Visa. The frame sits very low to the ground, and in searching the forums we found several reports of the rear scraping the ground when being pulled over an uneven surface, like exiting a driveway. Our most serious concern was that the Visa was equipped with bias ply tires. After more than two and a half million miles, and twenty four years as a professional driver, I can say with most certainty that the transportation industry has moved past bias ply tires for long distance travel. Gulfsteam's use of bias ply's had to be done for cost savings, as it sure wasn't done for safety. I seriously wonder what other shortcuts have been done in the name of cost cutting.
These concerns made our decision to go with Heartland easier. We had a wonderful summer of camping with our M22, and not a single major issue.
The Visa looks very aerodynamic, and I liked the use of a one piece fiberglass roof. Every unit has tradeoffs. Good luck with your buying decision.

brains77396

The Gulfstream VISA 23BHD has bunks. The Edge is no longer in production. I have the VISA 23RBK and have been pleased with it so far with no dragging problems. As far as the bias tires, replace them with radials when the time comes. Not a deal breaker one way or the other for us. We had ours filled with nitrogen, which helps them run cooler. We traded a MPG in on the VISA.