Pin Box fairing question

c17lm

If replacing the pin with a air ride pin such as the 5th Airborne will the fairing fit back over the new pinbox?

K

karykatz

The ABS hitch cover will not fir on aftermarket hitches. It only fits on the standard lippert pin box.

lwmcguir

I have a 2010 and a Fifth Airborne and the fairing won't fit over the hitch.

Several of us have mounted the cover over the 5th Airborne pin. You have to cut a couple of strips off each side and it fits perfectly. Can post a photo if you need to see it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have an Elk Ridge, and the faring did not fit properly. Sold it on eBay.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Several of us have mounted the cover over the 5th Airborne pin. You have to cut a couple of strips off each side and it fits perfectly. Can post a photo if you need to see it.

Yes, if you would. I've pretty much decided to go with the 5th Airborne on my rig. Probably order it later this month and put it on myself once it warms up.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hmmm. The faring on my Elk Ridge was too short, once the 5th Airborne was installed. Looking at the old pics, maybe it wasn't the same size faring as I see here.

boatdoc

Actually cut it with the stock pinbox so it would clear the bedrails. I didn't do a thing to it for the 5thA/B. I originally cut it with a pair of tin snips and it worked fine. Put two screws in the rear sides each and put two self tappers into the 5th A/B to hold it up front as you see in the pic.

lwmcguir

Actually cut it with the stock pinbox so it would clear the bedrails. I didn't do a thing to it for the 5thA/B. I originally cut it with a pair of tin snips and it worked fine. Put two screws in the rear sides each and put two self tappers into the 5th A/B to hold it up front as you see in the pic.

Did the same thing, looks and works great.