Water Pump Location

Brett2413

We picked up our new 5re on Monday and by Wed. we were out in the boondocks with it for a 4 day drycamp shake down. And I'd like to say that I 'm very pleased with the quality of the camper. We had no problems, leaks, or setbacks (due to the camper). I have just one question, where is the water pump located? It seemed to make a little more noise at the end of the trip then it did at the first. I want to make sure it isn't vibrating loose or that two water lines aren't rubbing on each other.
Thanks in advance,
Brett

Bighurt

Re: ATF: Sundance -

What model do you have?

I believe all of the 5th wheel models have the pump located behind a panel in the basement.

D

Dave Willis

The water pump is located behind the Universal Docking Center. Inside the storage compartment there is an access panel that you can remove to get to the water pump.

Thanks,

mesteve

Not sure what specific unit you have, but I would look behind the UDC. On mine there is a panel removable by 4 screws in the basement and the water pump, as well as the hose to winterize the pump will be found here.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Since this has been responded to I'll move it out into the Sundance Plumbing area. The best way to try to reduce the noise from the water pump is to isolate the pex lines away from walls and each other. A big help is to enclose as much as possible inside of foam pipe insulation.

Riverman

Ours was quite noisy at first also. You could hear the pump from the rear bathroom.
I did as Ray suggests and wrapped all the lines I possibly could with foam pipe insulation.
Also placed a piece of foam (mouse pad) under the pump and remounted it.
Almost silent now.

ENJacobo

What model do you have?

I believe all of the 5th wheel models have the pump located behind a panel in the basement.

I have a 2008 40' cyclone toy hauler and I believe my water pump went out because all circut breakers and fuses are still good. Trying to locate the pump has been a bear. I tried to access it from the bottom without success, so I believe that there is another way to get to it and I can't find that access.