Average Length of Sewer Hose Necessary for Connection

What average length of sewer hose do you use at campgrounds?

• 10' or less

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • 10' to 19'

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • 20' to 29'

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • 30' or greater

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

funntheson

I wanted to find out what average length of sewer hose everybody uses to hookup at campgrounds.

Please click on your choice and submit your vote.

Last edited:

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
20'. I also carry 10'er that can be coupled to the 20. I only needed more than 20' once in about thirty uses.

2010augusta

We carry 2 10' sections. Right now we are only using 1, but most time we need about 15', so the 2 10's work great.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I carry 3 10' hoses with quick connects. If you dont have one yet...get the clear elbow so you can see if the tanks are running clean.

jnbhobe

I have a 15ft and 3- 10ft in my collection and a macerator pump and a 75ft 3/4in hose. usually the 15ft is enough unless you are going to Goshen then you need at least 30ft of hose because all the connections are in the rear of the sites.

SilverRhino

I also carry a 15 foot Rhinoflex with a 10 foot extension. Maybe I've just been lucky....but the 15 foot has always been enough. I have had it stretched to it's full length on a couple of occasions, but usually it is mostly collapsed to around 8 to 10 feet.

irvin56

One camp site I didnot have enough. so I had to buy more. 35 foot is what I carry with quick couplers 5 and 10 foot lenghts.
cheap ones. My dump is at front of my trailer. need 20 feet just to get to back bumper. needed another 12 foot or park in road way.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I use a 10 ft and a 15 ft. Have never needed one longer.
My only complaint is, i wish the elect. Cord was in the center of the rv instead of on the rear it. That is a major problem. Most all rv park hookup are in the center of the lot and i have to be careful how you park to make sure my rear hookup will reach it. Why???