cable hookup for antenna use.

Dusty

I have a 2006 Big Horn 3400, I have been hooked to sattelite for a couple of years, now I need to use the antenna again. Can't remember what cable to use for the input on the splitter. I have a black, green, blue and red marked coax coming out ot the wall and of course a black one going to the tv.
Can anyone help?

Dusty

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You should have 2 wall plates in the TV cabinet. one for the sat connection and the other for the cable/roof top antenna. I would try first to move the black coax connected to the TV from on plate to the other. Don't forget to turn on the amplifier and now that we have DTV, depending on your TV, you might need a converter AND tuning the antenna is a bit more difficult.

Dusty

Thanks Ray, my trailer doesnt have the two plates, I just have 4 cables coming out a hole in the wall, I know it used to work before I went to the Sat. but now I am wondering if I need the box that converts analog to digital signals, don't remember what year that started.

kb0zke

Yes, you will need the digital-to-analog converter box if you wish to receive over-the-air (regular) tv broadcasts.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks Ray, my trailer doesnt have the two plates, I just have 4 cables coming out a hole in the wall, I know it used to work before I went to the Sat. but now I am wondering if I need the box that converts analog to digital signals, don't remember what year that started.
Look at your TV to see if it says HDTV anywhere on the front. If not, you will probably need a converter.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Dusty,

The green and the blue marked cables are for Satellite, the Red or black should work for the TV antenna. The TV that came in your Big Horn is an analog TV. Your will need to use a converter to receive signals off the air.